Things You'd Love To Hear Weird Al Do That He'd Never Do

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Things You'd Love To Hear Weird Al Do That He'd Never Do

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Anything you'd love to hear Weird Al do that he'd never do?

The Rocky Horror Polka Show
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Re: Things You'd Love To Hear Weird Al Do That He'd Never Do

Post by weirdojace »

Accidentally say "smurf" or "smurf" in front of a fan.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Say "smurf" or "smurf" in a song.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

You guys would "love" to hear Al say a curse word? Wow.

This is an interesting topic. The first thing that comes to mind is for him to parody an entire album front to back. I've thought this about a lot of albums, most recently Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" though there are many, many other viable candidates.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

I'd love him to do an album that was personally tailored to ME and all my tastes! haha! I'd get all of the references and know every song (which doesn't always happen when i'm English and Al is American). He would parody bands like Kaiser Chiefs, Muse, Newton Faulkner, The Darkness, Counting Crows, GLEE CAST! and there would be a little note to me in the booklet! ha ha ha.

.....Well i'd like it!! :D
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Wait, what sense does parodying "Glee Cast" make? I mean, none of their songs are original.

In the vein of my first idea- Little Shop Of Polka, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Polka, and Repo! The Genetic Polka.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

PlayAWarGame wrote:Wait, what sense does parodying "Glee Cast" make? I mean, none of their songs are original.

In the vein of my first idea- Little Shop Of Polka, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Polka, and Repo! The Genetic Polka.
It makes no sense, i'm just getting carried away :D Maybe i should have said 'i wish Al would write a song about Glee' instead.
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

That'd be fun. How about he rewrite one of his older songs with changed lyrics. The title could be something like "Everything You Know Is Wrong (Glee Cast)". And the lyrics would be altered such that, while shoehorning in the original lyrics, they would also shoehorn in entirely new lyrics in place of random original lyrics to reflect an exaggeratedly typical Glee episode plot. And Weird Al would do bad impressions of all of the Glee characters for the song.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Here's another great one: release a rarities album that includes all of the standard "unreleased" songs and even include a handful that would surprise even the most devoted collector.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

TMBJon wrote:Here's another great one: release a rarities album that includes all of the standard "unreleased" songs and even include a handful that would surprise even the most devoted collector.
In this vein, I would like him to do a studio recording medley of his old mini-parodies ("Flatbush Avenue", "Whole Lotta Lunch", "Don't You Forget About Beef", etc.).