WOWAY Awards

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Re: WOWAY Awards

Post by Mystik Tomato »

WOWAY [wow-way]
Acronym
1. The World Of Weird Al Yankovic forums

award [a-ward]
Noun
1. A prize or other mark of recognition given in honor of an achievement.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Well put, Mystik Tomato! :clap:
BIGAlfan2711
Regular

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

Mystik Tomato wrote:WOWAY [wow-way]
Acronym
1. The World Of Weird Al Yankovic forums

award [a-ward]
Noun
1. A prize or other mark of recognition given in honor of an achievement.
haha, very funny. but what are they ABOUT?!?! i mean like how to get nominated and for what and all that shtuff.
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

They're about awarding members of WOWAY.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Each host has their own different nomination process and way of going about the actual event.

It's best to wait for a WOWAY Awards to actually happen before going into any rules or whatnot. Right now, who knows if there's even gonna be one.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Teh Dingo wrote:Each host has their own different nomination process and way of going about the actual event.

It's best to wait for a WOWAY Awards to actually happen before going into any rules or whatnot. Right now, who knows if there's even gonna be one.
Eh, so I know I'm bumping a 2.5-year-old topic, but I'm very interested in contributing to a future WOWAY Awards! Some other forums I belong to are so against this concept - we'e not allowed to even say "I like the story this member posted better than that member's" because ooh, we don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt. The WOWAY Awards are all in good fun, but at the same time the idea of an "awards show" and giving members recognition is pretty awesome!

Job application: I'd love to host but I want to know how much work goes into that first. I know I'm new here compared to many of you lifers, but I'm generally funny, a good writer, experienced in Windows Live Movie Maker --- and I can write and sing song parodies. (Surely that last point makes me a unique candidate around here? Eh? Eh?)

If not as a host, I'd love to present an award instead!
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

When Jon posted "With or Without Bruce," it really whet my appetite for another WOWAY Awards. We're way overdue. (And it's not the only long-dormant WOWAY tradition that I'd like to see return sooner than later. :ph34r: ) I don't know how everyone else feels about a relative newbie hosting, but I've been consistently impressed with your posts and I'd vote for you to get the job.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I think CharlesNelson would make a great host, and I would love to see the WOWAY Awards return.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Aaaaaaaactually, I've kinda already been planning one since last year and we're not quite ready for them yet. In any case, I've got it under control already. ;)
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Whoever hosts it next, it makes sense to wait a month or two to start planning because the new album is bound to attract a ton of new members and the whole forum dynamic will be different. (I've already been scouting for potential Best N00b nominees!) I have heard some of Alicia's ideas for how to host it, and I think she would do a good job. But I can also advise that it takes a lot of hours to put the show together. Every WOWAY Awards has been collaborative, so I'm sure there would be ways for CN or anyone else interested to get involved. Just as there was when I hosted the show! :magic:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.