Non-Believing Places You've Seen Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Re: Non-Believing Places You've Seen Al

Post by amzo39 »

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Not necessarily Al, but in the movie 17 Again starring Matthew Perry and Zac Efron, their friend, played by Thomas Lennon, is at one point wearing the "Weird Al Is My Homeboy" t-shirt. :lol:
bellminer
Occasional

Post by bellminer »

HappyGilmore wrote:Not necessarily Al, but in the movie 17 Again starring Matthew Perry and Zac Efron, their friend, played by Thomas Lennon, is at one point wearing the "Weird Al Is My Homeboy" t-shirt. :lol:
I happened to see that scene on a hotel lobby TV recently, but didn't know what movie it was. Thanks.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Non-Believing Places You've Seen Al

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah that was a big thing before the movie came out. I think Greg saw the trailer and then we all tried to find. Now every time the movie comes on I point it out to the wife to many groans
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

When I saw that I laughed really hard and my friend looked at me disapprovingly
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
jamiederelict

Post by jamiederelict »

I'm really testing my memory now, but I believe about 1984 I saw the video for "Eat It" on Soul Train. It was at a time when they were incorporated one music video per episode. Don Cornelius intro'd the video by saying, "Does anyone like Michael Jackson?" to which the crowd loved, being Jackson's heyday. "Well, we have the funny version, "Eat It" by "Weird Al" Yankovic!" This quieted down his audience very fast. Again, though my memory is a slight bit rusty , I would love confirmation of this memory. Anyone happen to have a video clip archived?
jamiederelict

Post by jamiederelict »

Nevermind, I just confirmed myself. Episode 445, 1983-1984 season. With musical guests Dennis Edwards and Newcleus.
bellminer
Occasional

Post by bellminer »

On my local oldies rock station today, they announced the title of the next song, followed by a clip of Weird Al saying something to the effect of how excited he was. Can't remember the exact quote, but it was obviously edited from a TV show or movie he was in because I'd heard it before. Yeah I know that was vague, but it was cool to hear at least a snippet of Al on a non-comedy station.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I went to a Star Wars event at my local library, and got a collectors card from the guy playing Boba Fett. When I read the card, it turns out he was a backup Dancer for Weird Al! Awesome! It has now proudly gone into my Al collection.
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

A few years ago I was listening to a local radio station, and they were talking about this guy who fell into a wasps nest and set himself on fire on the same day. The radio played a snippet from You're Pitiful..."when it just sucks to be you"