When I Grow Up

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Re: When I Grow Up

Post by AlejandraDD »

It's not wrong to cringe at the grammatical errors in that blog post, is it? :blink:
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

AlejandraDD wrote:It's not wrong to cringe at the grammatical errors in that blog post, is it? :blink:
Well, no, and since you're not a native speaker of English, cringing at the grammatical errors is actually quite an impressive achievement. But she's not putting herself forward as any kind of journalist or professional writer. What did you think of the interview content, though?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I bought this for my little nephews when it first came out. Granted, they're much too young to appreciate it, but it was an excuse for me to read it before giving to them, and I'm sure they'll enjoy it some day. I'm not ashamed to admit I actually really enjoyed this book. Al showed yet another amazing talent, and I hope he decides to write more children's books.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:
AlejandraDD wrote:It's not wrong to cringe at the grammatical errors in that blog post, is it? :blink:
Well, no, and since you're not a native speaker of English, cringing at the grammatical errors is actually quite an impressive achievement.
Wouldn't people learning the language be quicker to spot errors from other people? That doesn't make it any less of an achievement, but it's something to think about.

I haven't gotten the book yet, but I plan to when or if I get children of my own.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I have my copy put up where my daughter can not get it. She is still a bit young for it and if i let her see it she would probably tear the pages out of it and thow it across the room. I have read it a few times to her but she was never very intrested in it
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

JCM wrote:Wouldn't people learning the language be quicker to spot errors from other people? That doesn't make it any less of an achievement, but it's something to think about.
Before you can SPOT the errors in grammar, you have to MASTER the grammar. And believe me, mastering English grammar is no easy feat. It's all over the map.
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:
JCM wrote:Wouldn't people learning the language be quicker to spot errors from other people? That doesn't make it any less of an achievement, but it's something to think about.
Before you can SPOT the errors in grammar, you have to MASTER the grammar. And believe me, mastering English grammar is no easy feat. It's all over the map.
Oh. I haven't mastered it yet, so that may be why I didn't spot too many errors.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

JCM wrote:Oh. I haven't mastered it yet, so that may be why I didn't spot too many errors.
Yet you claim to be fluent in latin??? :unsure:
JCM
Off The Deep End

Post by JCM »

I'm actually passionate about learning Latin.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Went to see The Muppets with the family tonight, and my uncle, aunt, and cousin brought this for me from my cousin's book fair this year.

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
And Peggy