Who Would Be The New Al If He/she Wanted To?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: Who Would Be The New Al If He/she Wanted To?

Post by algonacchick »

Mike Phirman is a genius. I also like Hard N' Phirm. I saw Mike perform solo and with Chris Hardwick live recently. Very good.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

ludovica64 wrote:It doesn't worry you that the topics of his songs involve racism and homophobia?
No. Not really.
ludovica64 wrote:Ah well in deference to Mike, who is quite right I shall say that my favourite comedy musicians other than Al are Mike Phirman and Eli Braden. and both such nice PLEASANT people!
I like Hard 'n Phirm. I have to look up Eli Braden.

I like Loose Cannons. But one of the two members died of leukemia, so sadly that one cd is all they put out. :(
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

You're right, Mike. Enough is enough. I wish I had taken your advice earlier. Anyway, I haven't gotten into
many other comedy artists, though I do like Hard 'N Phirm.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Here are my two favorite updates from today.

After an interchange with Nucka Nucka Ali himself where he claimed he didn't start calling Weird Al fans "faggots" until after he offered an "olive branch" and then I showed him three consecutive tweets posted three hours before the olive branch was offered where he used the offending word, our friend Chris Golden responded as follows:
@JNN_Breaking @RuckaRuckaAli well if it looks,walks,And uses the word duck in place of other words like a Smurf, well #NuckaNews
No other context was given. I couldn't even reply because I have no idea what it means. I personally have not been engaging in the duck trending topic today and I didn't even see other WOWAYers doing so. Even if we were, why would it make us "faggots" to participate in the number two trending topic?

And then Chris Golden started a brand new Twitter account called @NuckaNews in which he started making up new false reports about JNN in order to further discredit the news organization:
Crisis..How long will this standoff continue.. @JNN_Breaking reports AL may not even have JewAids missiles..only empt threats from terrorist
That's funny because I am pretty sure JNN did not file a report that "Weird Al" Yankovic may not have JewAids missiles.... and I really think I would remember writing something like that.

As I said yesterday, Nucka Nucka Ali, and now apparently Chris Golden too, fancy themselves the Andrew Breitbart of the moronic YouTube parodist realm. Their stated mission is to bring down Weird Al, Weird Al fans, and now apparently JNN is on the list as well.
I'm glad they've decided to leave us alone on the forum, but their Twitter activities are VERY strange and only getting stranger...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I've been getting into Devo Spice lately.

Nuclear Bubble Wrap as well.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Devo Spice is AWESOME, and also a pleasant person. Eli Braden is so NSFW its unreal, and very non PC but he is a really sound guy and so nice.
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

That's funny....I'm actually following Eli Braden and have never even known who he was. I only followed him because I saw a Tweet from him that made me laugh, so I followed him. He is very funny. And very un-PC, but in a way that isn't as mean-spirited as our friend Nucka. I'll have to check out his music.

Oh, and Jon....I must confess that I did participate in the duck trending topic this morning. I might be the offending "Smurf" being referenced. :S
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Just remember, in UK "Smurf" = cigarette, and "Smurf" = pork meatball OR a bundle of firewood..
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I love Devo Spice. I tried to get him to do a comedy night at my firehouse that never got approval from the board o directors. Would have been nice. His new album is really good
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

R. R. Ali's version of "the truth" is way more "distorted" than anyone else could ever imagine. By the way, does anyone else find it strange or brutally ironic that the mods chose to censor "smurfa" and NOT "nucka?"
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...