Al's Pals

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Al's Pals

Post by yankochick38 »

CONTINUING the Lin-Manuel Miranda conversation!

Okay full disclosure, I love him so much beCAUSE okay so
I follow Lin on Twitter like as in directly like as in his tweets go to my phone and I only do that with a few people like Al and Conan O'Brien and HEY WOULD YA LOOK AT THIS SEGUE

I saw that Lin would be on Conan tonight because he like posted a picture of himself dancing on the set just by himself and omg I love him he is literally me
I was already planning on watching because Conan is in my Top 5 and actually so is Lin I'm realizing :o but that's kinda weird because he's also just my cool friendo and also just me but a dude and famous
ANYWAYANYWAYANYWAY
I gotta get to the good stuff hoLD ON

So I'm watching Conan and I'm like YAAAAY CONAN
And there was a CLUELESS GAMER TONIGHT AAAAAAA YESSSS my favorite segmentttt
Ok I need to calm down sorry I was rear ended today um I haven't been on woway in a while and life has been really weird lately so sorry my post is so erratic but

thEN LIN CAME OUT AAAAAAAAAA :ttr:
He was so excited to be there omg he loves comedy SO. MUCH. He was like omg Conan I'm so happy to be here and Conan was like whaaaaaat but Hamilton omg they're both just so

Okay BUT
As adorable as Lin was (and it was QUITE adorable lemme (not) tell ya)
There was this one part where
As Conan was asking the question
I could hear Lin's answer in my head even though I was like naaaahhh that's not gonna be his answer that's just what I want him to say
But Conan was asking Lin like who he was most freaked out about meeting out of eeeeeveryone he's met because of Hamilton making him The Fame
And that whole time I was like "omg he should totally say it's Al"
and thEN HE SAID IT WAS AL
and i was like WHAT REALLY OMG LIN BABY BOY
And he went on to tell a story about how he actually met him before Hamilton because Al wanted to write a musical (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and they were looking for someone for him to cowrite it or help write it or something and Lin was like ME ME ME
Guys Lin is literally all of us and if he was not #TheFame he would be on WOWAY like all the time, he's the right age to know what a message board is too
Lin-Manuel Miranda for 2017 WOWAY Awards, get it trending you guys
ANYWAY
(omg now I'm just thinking about Lin doing a rap about Al and woway and just casually sobbing my heart out nbd)
can someone please tell me how to not be instantly excited about crazy scenarios I just made up that will not happen

bluughghgh OKAY
So THEN he was like telling the story about how he actually went to Al's HOUSE and omg sorry I'm just thinking of how he told this story, please watch the clip when it's up instead of reading this if you can because literally he is such a huge nerd, I love him so much
So he was saying how he went to his house and that he was like surprised that Al actually answered the door and was gushing about what a nice guy he is (omg) and said Al was like Hey! How are you?
But then LIN was just like "omg hi how are you it's so good to see you and actually i know that you were an undergrad in architecture so did you design this house yourself or..????"

you guys
I'm like genuinely crying at how "like us" Lin-Manuel Miranda is.
He described it like the worst first date or something but I was like don't worry Lin we have ALL BEEN THERE like literally the first words I ever said to Al were "Mount Rushmore" so honestly you've already got a leg up on me Lin
Also like
Lin-Manuel Miranda just did the one thing I wanted to be famous enough to do someday so now I don't have to do it
That one thing was seriously to go on Conan and talk about how much I love Weird Al
Honestly Lin is me and I don't hate him at all for it
Now I don't have to be famous!! :magic:

I'm sad that I feel like a genuine kinship with Lin-Manuel. I feel like we would get along famously.
*ba-dum tss*
But no seriously you guys, he's really just a big fat comedy nerd who is a superfan of Weird Al (and still didn't put him on volume one of the Hamilton Mixtape?????? Lin baby pls where the Hamilton polka medley at)
And anyway my point is that we would be best friends. I actually had a dream last night where I was at an airport with him like two months after Hamilton opened and he was really happy with how it was being received and was like picking up gifts from the like Hudson news stand that people left for him there???? and I was like this is really great Lin I'm happy for you but it's gonna get even better and he was like haha whaaaat and I was waiting to do my one line I wanted to drop because I was proud of it but other people were talking (even in dreams this happens like why) but we were getting in line to board so I like picked it back up again like "yep just you wait" and he was like heyyyy

um
anyway
Lin's the best.
I'm really hoping for a secret Hamilton polka medley now.
And if anyone has a better connection to Lin-Manuel than like, idk, following him on Twitter than please let me know so we can force him to do a dumb comedy rap for an online awards show only 12 people will watch thanks.

Like I said you guys this should almost be its own topic.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

yankochick38 wrote:told this story, please watch the clip when it's up instead of reading this if you can because literally he is such a huge nerd, I love him so much

Here ya go

YouTube:

Youtube

Hey, at least Lin remembered to speak in full sentences...unlike some people :lookaround: :S
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Precious Linnamon Roll. <3

Honestly I think I'd have to communicate with Al through pre-written note cards or something cause I'm sure that if I opened my mouth only gibberish would come out.
Love and peace.
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

I FORGOT ABOUT THE NAP
HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THE NAP

This is so #RELATABLE
-Alicia
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I'm the one person who understand nothing about Lin or Hamilton. I just follow Lin on Twitter because of his Al Pal status and that's it.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Don't worry, I don't have a damn clue either

And Alicia's post just confused matters, honestly.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Yeah, I feel like you guys would probably get more out of it if you just skipped my post and watched the clip, but at the time of my post the clip wasn't out yet so I kinda had to just describe the feels. Clip > post!!!! Here it is again!!

Youtube
-Alicia
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Al's pal Florence Henderson passed away :(
Is my dude a dweeb?
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Wizzerkat wrote:Al's pal Florence Henderson passed away :(
:(W
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

I will miss Florence Henderson. She was fun and a lot spicier than her Carol Brady role would suggest. Dance free, Florence.

In remembrance,
Diva

who notes that the Brady kids are orphans now :(