Al's Pals

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed

Re: Al's Pals

Post by Heds »

Mildly off topic, but I'm a bit disappointed LMM is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Made a Twitter thread on it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/birdhousey/s ... 1819813893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Heds wrote:Mildly off topic, but I'm a bit disappointed LMM is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Made a Twitter thread on it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/birdhousey/s ... 1819813893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok but remember when Al supported the HRC and then they turned out to be not so great? Just because someone is trying to help out by donating to a charity that maybe is not the best does not mean that person is inherently evil and wants to kill you. You can't really blame the people donating to charity who maybe don't know every single little thing about the organization when all they're trying to do is help out. People who support charities have good intentions, honest.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

yankochick38 wrote:Ok but remember when Al supported the HRC and then they turned out to be not so great? Just because someone is trying to help out by donating to a charity that maybe is not the best does not mean that person is inherently evil and wants to kill you. You can't really blame the people donating to charity who maybe don't know every single little thing about the organization when all they're trying to do is help out. People who support charities have good intentions, honest.
Oh, I'm sorry, but;

The HRC didn't want to kill or cure trans people, or speak of them as burdens and compare them to diabetes and AIDS, or support harmful conversion therapies and schools that literally break human rights laws by electric shocking their students if they did any "transgender" behaviours, nor did they speak of them as puzzle pieces that need to be solved, disrespect the language transgender people want to use, OR use little money on actual support?

They simply just ignored the trans rights movement, which IS wrong.

:rolleyes:

Feel free to continue this with me via PM so we don't have to make this topic go off topic.
aaaa

//heds

LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Here's the problem-people don't always do their research of a charity (I use that term loosely with A$ for example) before donating/supporting, Not everyone knows about the skeletons in the closet for each organization. A lot of people still donate to the Salvation Army despite all the horrible crap they've pulled.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

Heds, you're missing the point and it's useless arguing with you.

MEANWHILE

SPEAKING of LMM and charity, he is doing THIS
You can bet boyf & I will be doing this :D Singing silly songs on the internet!! Can't wait to see Al's rendition! :sly:

EDIT: WELL WHADDYA KNOW

I was NOT expecting this song but it is SO PERFECT
-Alicia
yankochick38
Be jealous.

Post by yankochick38 »

On instagram as well, btw!!

I totally haven't downloaded the video and separated the song from the audio just to have it play on repeat the rest of the night, nope. :lookaround:

I think this proves that we have been shoehorning Al into the King George role for TOO LONG
He CLEARLY is meant to be Thomas Jefferson/Lafayette. It's all so clear now. The Guns & Ships/DTBS Ham4Ham, and now this???
(ETA: Omg I was so wrong it was not Guns & Ships why do I CONFUSE THOSE SONGS)

This means something. This. Is. IMPORTANT. DON'T SLEEP ON THIS, GET WOKE

tbh the world needs an accordion-wielding Thomas Jefferson :accordion:
-Alicia
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Lin-Manuel can't seem to stop name-dropping Al on talk shows........

Youtube
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I know this will go into a flame war (please direct anything to my messages, Tumblr asks or Twitter DMs) but Lin-Manuel and Christopher Jackson are ableists. Al should be really ashamed to have him as a friend
aaaa

//heds

catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Heds wrote:I know this will go into a flame war (please direct anything to my messages, Tumblr asks or Twitter DMs) but Lin-Manuel and Christopher Jackson are ableists. Al should be really ashamed to have him as a friend

...and you, young lady, should be ashamed of trying to make people feel sorry for you. Instead of putting others down, try building yourself up once in a while. There may be a lot that Al does of which you don't approve, but downing his friend for his beliefs about autism is something I'm willing to bet that Al wouldn't like. Everybody is doing the best they can do at any given moment. Hey, we are all trying our damnedest just to stay alive.

A lot of people I know still think mental illness is a great big hoax; that it's "all in my head" and that people like me don't need meds, just "something to keep us busy." Well, these scars on my arms and my inability to retain a whole lot of short term memory proves them wrong. Am I upset that they feel this way? Hell, yes! Do I try to get them to think another way? Naww,because people aren't going to come around to what's right, be it about mental illness or autism, until they are good and ready to do so.

So how about live and let live? There is so much crap in the world right now. So many horrible things that should not be happening. For every person who believes that autism is a disease, there are five more that know the truth. For every person that believes mental illness isn't, there are five more that know that truth, too!

Maybe you can spread the word and try to change things by educating those that truly want to be educated. I believe you could do a lot of good, if you want to.
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Heds wrote:

Feel free to continue this with me via PM so we don't have to make this topic go off topic.
Please take your own advice instead of bringing it back up just because his name was mentioned again.

This discussion has absolutely no place on WOWAY.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?