Al's Pals

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Re: Al's Pals 2.0

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

KRHbacon wrote:Victoria feel into this pit years ago, and no one, not even we, can pull her back.

And if anyone can catch the reference, you will earn my undying respect.
Vengeance blackens the soul, KRHBacon... Andrea fell into that pit years ago... ;)
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Al's Grammy texting buddy Patton Oswalt will be on Real Time with Bill Maher this Friday on HBO. The show is on at 10PM ET but it repeats several times throughout the week.
Is my dude a dweeb?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wizzerkat wrote:Al's Grammy texting buddy Patton Oswalt will be on Real Time with Bill Maher this Friday on HBO. The show is on at 10PM ET but it repeats several times throughout the week.
Awesome, I will check that out. One of the great shows on TV; this would actually be my top choice of any show for Al to appear on. (And also it's probably one of the least likely shows he would ever be on.)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Real Time With Bill Maher would actually be my top choice of any show for Al to appear on. (And also it's probably one of the least likely shows he would ever be on.)
Although Al DID appear on Politically Incorrect, back in 1997. The other three panelists were Stephen Bishop, Gibby Haynes and Meshell Ndegeocello, and the topic was Rock Lyrics and what they mean.

Unfortunately, the other three panelists talked so much that Al barely got a word in, and when he did, it was usually a joke rather than a serious observation. Strangely enough, Al wasn't even the weirdest guy on the panel; the obviously baked-out-of-his-mind Haynes (of The Butthole Surfers fame) spent every available moment espousing wildly digressive theories and non-sequitors about Bon Jovi, 1930s Texas blues, Brian's Song for no reason at all, and at one point he accidentally reveals that he's unfamiliar with the song "Louie Louie."

Al or no Al, it's AMAZING television. It's definitely on my list of things to upload to YouTube one of these days...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wow that would be awesome to see if you get a chance to upload.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Indeed, Fred. I watched Politically Incorrect back in the day and don't even remember Al on the show.
Is my dude a dweeb?
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

FredHuggins wrote:Annnnnnd... done! Enjoy.
Thank you. Two of my favorites on that episode: Gibby and Al. I'm a big fan of both..
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

http://hunterfrebergltd.com/ Al's pal/mentor has a new album out. Im not entirely sure on the content. I know its not the USA Vol 3 we've been waiting for. I, and others on the Freberg group, think that it is mostly his new wife, and not him. Everything in the last few years has seemingly been Hunter, not Stan. And the cover photo is a Photoshop of their pictures together. Personally, Im waiting for reviews, but it is of some importance
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Can't really say they're "Pals" in the traditional sense, but, Al spoke highly of him. Mike Judge, who apparently liked UHF enough to have Beavis and Butt-Head work at Burger World, is bringing back Beavis and Butt-head to MTV. And since they're still in high school riffing on new music videos, and Al has a good crop of new videos, maybe we'll get a possible appearance on it?