Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

There's only one guy on the committee who does all the music picks, and until we convince that guy...
dansachs
Occasional

Post by dansachs »

EXCLUSIVE:
HOLLYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ANNOUNCES
NEW WALK OF FAME HONOREES FOR 2015

HOLLYWOOD, CA. June 18, 2014 —A new group of entertainment professionals in Motion Pictures, Television, Live Theatre, Radio and Recording have been selected to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it was announced today by the Walk of Fame Selection Committee of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. These individuals were chosen from among hundreds of nominations to the committee at a meeting held on June 16, 2014 and ratified by the Hollywood Chamber’s Board of Directors.

“The Walk of Fame Selection Committee is excited to announce the Class of 2015 Star Honorees to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. We know that the new selections represent the best of the entertainment industry, and will be a great addition to the Walk of Fame for both the Hollywood community and fans from around the world who visit Hollywood every year,” stated Maureen Schultz, Chair of the Walk of Fame selection committee for 2014-2015. “We look forward to welcoming all our new honorees to one of the most popular tourist attractions in California.”

Walk of Fame Chair Schultz along with Hollywood Chamber President & CEO Leron Gubler announced the new selections to the world on Thursday, June 19, 2014 on the official website http://www.walkoffame.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The Hollywood Walk of Fame recipients for the year 2015 are:

MOTION PICTURES:
Raymond Chandler (posthumous), Eugenio Derbez, Will Ferrell, Jennifer Garner, Peter Jackson, Bob Kane (posthumous), Daniel Radcliffe, Paul Rudd, Snoopy, Melissa McCarthy and Christoph Waltz

TELEVISION:
James L. Brooks, Ken Ehrlich, Bobby Flay, Seth MacFarlane, Julianna Margulies, Chris O’Donnell, Jim Parsons, Amy Poehler, Kelly Ripa and Sofia Vergara.

RECORDING:
Lukasz ‘Dr. Luke’ Gottwald, Kool & The Gang, Pitbull, Al Schmitt and Pharrell Williams.

RADIO:
Larry Elder.

LIVE THEATRE/LIVE PERFORMANCE:
Kristin Chenoweth, Dick Gregory and Ennio Morricone.

The Hollywood Chamber and the Walk of Fame Selection Committee congratulate all the new honorees. Dates have not been scheduled for these stars. Recipients have five years to schedule star ceremonies from date of selection before they expire. Upcoming star ceremonies are usually announced ten days prior to dedication on official website http://www.walkoffame.comand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; via social media.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Pitbull? Come on
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

Why is it taking so long for Weird Al to be inducted? This one should be easy!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Yankovic-Gretzky wrote:Why is it taking so long for Weird Al to be inducted? This one should be easy!
Apparently, what he needs to do is write a song for Kelly Clarkson.

I'm seriously thinking we should submit Al under the "Live Performance" category next year. Or maybe television. Music is just blowing him off.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I know we just missed the deadline for this coming year, but I feel that we have a much better shot now that Al has gotten the #1 spot on the charts.
And Peggy
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Hell yeah. Timing sucked for this year, as we had to have all paperwork in before he even went to Iggy, so the best we could say was something along the lines of he's working on a new album and one song away from finishing it and it's coming out sometime... eventually. Here, have a bobblehead.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
AlZilla816
Location: The Planet Of The Radioactive Hamsters From A Planet Near Mars

Post by AlZilla816 »

I'm calling it, 2015 is the year....
Weird is my middle name.
Al concerts I've been to:
Brady Theater Tulsa, OK May 19th, 2015
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Honestly, if he doesn't get it after the year he had, something is seriously messed up here.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

If he doesn't get it after the year he's had, I agree, something is seriously messed up ("something" probably being an incurable Mr. or Ms. Crankypants in charge of the recording-artist picks for the committee) and I say at that point we go to plan B and submit Al in the category of Live Performance.