Weird Al Related Dreams

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Yankopunk
Addicted

Re: Weird Al Related Dreams

Post by Yankopunk »

I just want to say that I love that there's a thread for Al dreams in here. Also, I'm seeing that there's apparently fan fiction, too? Al really does have some creative fans. :)

Over the years, I've had a few dreams featuring Al in them, either as one of the main characters or just making an appearance. Some of my favorite ones were ones that took place in the UHF universe, probably. Some of them I just watched things unfold, and other ones had me as a person in that universe. I would usually be in the editing bay of Channel 62 (things were much more up to date, of course, with non-linear editing systems and such like I've used... and for some reason, even the old linear systems, too, in some dreams) putting together crazy stuff for George and company.

As for fan fiction, if you count sequels / stuff in the UHF universe, I wrote some of that long ago. I even had a few scripts for sequels, both stuff taking place right after the movie and also in more modern times.

Anyway, I just love seeing things like this. :D
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

This dream is very precious to me. It's not as elaborate as most of my dreams, but it has made my soul feel so good ever since I had it.

I am an usher at a theatre here in Mobile, and Al did a show here on June 7, 2016. This dream occurred the night before.

I dreamed I was at the Saenger, waiting for his show to begin. I was standing by the doors that I usually work, and there were many people that I was helping to seat. The house lights dimmed, signaling that the show was about to start. I remember seeing a band up on stage, and wondered where Al was. About that time, there was a commotion in the lobby, and Al came striding into the theatre, right up to the doors I was working. I looked over next to him, and there was a blonde woman standing there. She and I centered Al between us, and locking arms with him, we ran up towards the stage.

When we got almost to the stage, we all skidded to a stop. It was like something you'd see in a cartoon, where Wile E. Coyote realizes he is about to go over a cliff and skids to a quick stop. As we stood there, we realized that the band on stage wasn't Al's band, but the Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, from "A Prairie Home Companion." Garrison Keillor was talking to the audience, and as we stood there, the other gal and I both looked at Al and said "now what do we do?" All of a sudden, Al's face was very illuminated and he said "I don't really know."

I woke up about that time, but the dream stayed with me for the rest of that day, on into the next evening. Well, when Al performed "Tacky" he came in through the very doors I dreamed he'd come in and although there was no blonde woman and I didn't link arms with him, it was enough like my dream to blow my mind!

This was my first time seeing him in person, and my life changed that evening. I have gone into more detail about why on other boards, so I won't repeat myself here. I just want to say that I hope I dream about him again. He's a very special soul and i feel so good when I'm thinking about him. :inlove: :wub:
Last edited by catladyleeann on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

I keep having dreams about Al - or more like he keeps appearing in my dreams, they're not always about him. And then I wake up and can't remember what they were about. I'm like 'come on, memory, this is important, this is for WOWAY!!!' but nope, nothing. :huh:
But having him in my dreams is always nice. My subconscious: making sure I have a pleasant face to look at while I sleep ;)
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

KaleyFromSpace wrote:I keep having dreams about Al - or more like he keeps appearing in my dreams, they're not always about him. And then I wake up and can't remember what they were about. I'm like 'come on, memory, this is important, this is for WOWAY!!!' but nope, nothing. :huh:
But having him in my dreams is always nice. My subconscious: making sure I have a pleasant face to look at while I sleep ;)
I know what you mean. Sometimes, he'll just have a cameo appearance in my dreams, and not even as himself at times. My mind can be a bit theatrical with my dreams. :lol:

Shortly after meeting him recently, I actually had a really deep dream that involved him. He didn't even appear in it, but it was just a very emotional dream.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Al's appearances in my dreams are few and far between, but when he shows up, it's memorable.

I was at a concert which was kinda like the Hollywood Bowl one except ~dreamified~, aka exaggerated and put together by pieces of things my subconscious decided to pull out.

Aaaanyway, Al had just done The Saga Begins, and left to go to the balcony that was almost behind the stage before Yoda, almost like he forgot about Yoda? There had also been some inside thing about the number two? I don't remember all the details, it's been a while since I woke up. :P Anyway, he went up to the balcony where Suzanne and Nina and, inexplicably, Bermuda were and Al, in his Jedi robes with his after-Yoda smile beaming, waved to the crowd as he held Suzanne and she smiled and Al seemed to be looking at me as he patted her belly and held up two fingers and I was like OHMYGOD because of the connection to the earlier inside thing with the number two and also because WHAT and I just felt so incredibly happy and flipped out which seemed to make him happy and he kept smiling and she was smiling and it was just such a good feeling.

I don't think this an omen for Yankovic baby number two (or twins!!!!!) and rather just something my brain made to make me happy, but ya never know! :think:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

I don't know whether I should put this in writing or not, but I've always heard that if you have a dream and you tell someone, you won't have it again, and I think this is by far the safest place to tell about it.

Let me preface it by saying that I have been overdosing on Al for the past few days. I don't have cable at home, so when I get a chance to go somewhere that has it, I tend to binge watch tv. I am house\pet sitting right now, and of course, I searched all the channels for Al. I got to watch the interview with Dan Rather and the MTV Classic "Behind the Music" about him. I also was told about an interview that Al did with William Shatner, and I looked that up on YouTube. Then there were a couple episodes of "Comedy Bang Bang" on, so of course, I watched them. If you've seen the interviews and the documentary, you know that a lot of time was spent with him talking about the death of his parents. Dan Rather also went into what Al might like at his memorial service. So last night, I dreamed...

I was at one of Al's concerts, right up by the stage, and there was a woman sitting on stage in a wooden kitchen type chair. I felt like it was Suzanne, but I couldn't see her very clearly. The "I Wanna B Ur Lvr" music started up, and Al came out from some curtains on the right side of the stage. He had that orange (or red?) and black suit on, and as he came out, he was singing only to this woman on stage. As he started to sing, I could see his face. He was grimacing, and singing almost through gritted teeth, like he was in pain. As he continued to try to sing, I felt like he wasn't opening his mouth all the way because he was going to throw up. I became very agitated, and I was trying to tell anyone and everyone around me that would listen that he was sick.

He then gave up trying to sing, but he still had his teeth ground together, and he looked almost mad. I thought it was because he is such a professional that he was aggravated that almost vomiting was causing him to not perform correctly. In the meantime, everyone around me was laughing and carrying on like the crowd usually does when he performs that song. I kept looking around, trying to figure out why no one would listen to me, and I kept saying "he's sick! He's sick!"

That was the end of the dream, but I woke up crying my heart out and it took a good while to calm down and convince myself that it was just a dream. I've been unsettled all day, and on the verge of tears again and again.

Alicia, I was so glad to see your wonderful dream on here. It has calmed me down immensely and although I know it was just a dream, as mine was, I'd much rather concentrate on yours.

Somewhere, either on this forum or on facebook, someone made the wonderful suggestion that someone should put together a tribute to Al, and have him be the honored guest, where the people that he has parodied over the years get together and sing the parodies of their songs. I wish that I knew someone who could make this happen. I can't think of a better honor for our precious Al than have him be the center of attention, not working for a change, and enjoying the fruits of his labor.

Love y'all - thanks so much for being here.
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

Ugh, Lee Ann, that's a horrible dream. I can imagine how paranoid that would make me if I was in your shoes. I've had a few Al-related nightmares and they always shake me up so badly, too. It's so disturbing when our own brains conjure up such horrible scenarios of someone we love. :( Hopefully you have many more good ones to make up for it!
Alicia - yours made me happy!! What an adorable dream omg

Dreams on opposite ends of the emotional spectrum last night, it seems.

Meanwhile I had one where I was supposed to visit the set of Comedy Bang! Bang! but I got lost and was late, and I just kept running through corridors and knocking on doors and imagining how annoyed Al and Scott would be at me. Haha.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Leeann, I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible dream / nightmare. Sometimes that happens. The brain is a very strange thing. It can come up with ways to twist and distort even the purest, most loved things and people in our lives when it comes to our dreams.

I've actually had some bad dreams involving Al, too. I never mentioned this one because I'm ashamed that my mind came up with it and I had this dream. I mean, I knew Al would never do such a thing, but I'm just so used to the worst things happening (today wasn't a very good day for me, and even though it might not seem like it, my spirits are down) and being treated so badly. Perhaps that's why my mind did it. Shortly before I saw him in concert and met him recently, I actually had a bad dream... well, honestly, it felt like a nightmare to me. I dreamt that I was meeting Al, and it pretty much went like what happened. He was so energetic, sweet, and caring towards everyone, but when it came to be my turn in line, he saw me approaching and his smile instantly disappeared. I placed my items (in my dream, we were allowed 2 items with the Czar pass) on the table. There was the UHF Blu-Ray cover and then a copy of Weird Al: The Book. He just opened the book quickly, didn't even look up at me, and just scribbled his autograph as fast as he could, shut the book, and slid it to the side.

He ignored the other item and was already looking to the next person in line, waving to them and the security to let them through. Feeling selfish for having two items even through they were allowed, I picked up my items and was prepared to leave, but mustered the courage to pull a one-page letter out of my pocket. It was carefully folded. "Mr. Yankovic, sir." I could hear him softly sigh and just turned to me with a tired, annoyed look on his face. "I'm very sorry to bother you, but if you would do me the great honor of reading this..." "Sorry, but I can't. I can't read any ideas from others. Legal issues." "No, sir. I promise you it's not that. It's just that you're my hero and you've saved my life and given me so much inspiration and entertainment, and I just wanted to try and tell you how much you've meant to me and how great an impact you've had." "I can't do that. Sorry. I'm too busy."

My eyes started watering, and I just put the sheet down on the table. "I'm sorry to have bothered you, sir. That's the one thing in the world I never wanted to happen, and I hope you'll forgive me. I'm just going to leave this here. I understand you won't read it, but hopefully someone will at least. Good night, sir. Thank you, and I love you." I stood there briefly, and he was just looking at me out of the corner of his eye and slightly shaking his head and then apologized to the next fan for the delay and had that warm, heart-melting smile on his face again. I wiped some tears out of my eyes when suddenly, I felt a really strong arm from a security guard grab my left arm and yank me away from the table. "Take that (expletive) with you," he said, referring to the letter. I moved by arm free and said, "I'm just going to leave it there. Someone else can have it if they want." This just got him so angry and he picked it up and crumpled it into a ball and tried to grab my collar. I blocked his hand and told him, "Don't put your hands on me. I'm leaving." I struggled to keep cool and kept my voice quiet to try and not make a scene. I quickly headed towards the exit and he followed me. I walked out the door, and looked back to see him following me and making sure I left the property. He then threw the letter into a garbage can, shouting an expletive at me, and then returned to the building.

I just ended up sitting on the curb and crying, beating myself up... telling myself that it was all my fault somehow, and that I deserved what happened. It hurt my chest deeply, and I wondered if I could ever enjoy Al again. Thankfully, I managed to wake up and then spent a good several minutes crying in the bathroom. I then seriously considered not going to the show.

I actually had another Al dream last night, a strange but more positive one. Maybe I'll share it another time. Sorry for this depressing and disturbing one. :(
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Can't wait to hear the good one, so it will counteract that awful one!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

catladyleeann wrote:Can't wait to hear the good one, so it will counteract that awful one!
I'm really sorry about that one. It's horrible what our subconscious can come up with, isn't it? :(

Anyway, since I'm not able to sleep because I'm feeling miserable, lonely, and all that good... er... bad stuff, I might as well tell one of my positive dreams. This was recently, after I met Al. As you'll see, I have some incredibly strange and often theatrical dreams. I guess it comes from being such a movie / TV nerd. But I digress...

I'm feeling a bit tired and down in my dream, so I decide to go to bed (I'm sleeping in a dream while I'm asleep? Insert "Inception" joke here.). I wake up and I'm sitting on a bench. I have no clue where I am, at least at first. I stand up and look around. I see some signage and immediately realize where I am. I'm in the city where I met Al! It's bright and hot outside. I see a girl walking down the street and ask her what day it is. No answer. She doesn't even look in my direction. I ask her if she can at least tell me what the time is. Again, ignored. I chalk it up to being ignored by girls. (Insert forever alone joke here) I turn around and see a familiar vehicle traveling down the road. I recognize one of the passengers. It's me! I immediately dive behind some nearby bushes. I don't land very smoothly. It hurts. A lot.

"It must be the day of the concert," I think. My mind then thinks, "This is totally Back to the Future Part II." So, I decide to act all stealth like Marty when he has to travel back to 1955 and stop the alternate timeline from happening. For all I know, if I see myself, it'll be a paradox and completely disrupt the time-space continuum, of course! I creep along the street and follow myself ("dream me") to the front of the venue. I end up bumping into a guy who is walking the opposite direction because I'm focusing on myself. He gets knocked backwards (still on his feet), and I apologize. But he thinks nothing of it and continues along the street... almost like I'm invisible and nothing I do will matter in this dream. I follow myself into the venue and sure enough, nobody seems to realize or care that I'm there. I decide to take a chance and I stand in front of the merch area. Dream me doesn't even notice that I'm there. No paradox, and the space-time continuum is just peachy.

My dream then fast-forwards a bit to the end of the VIP party. I steal a soda from one of the vendors and take a large drink out of it before leaving the bottle on one of the tables that was set up. I follow myself into the venue and watch myself sit in the front row, dead center. To amuse myself, I start asking myself questions, which of course, dream me doesn't hear or answer. Eventually, I hear Fun Zone start up and suddenly, I get an idea. I remember the route that Al took during Tacky and run along there. Eventually, I find Al at the starting point. He's talking to the cameraman, smiling, and doing some stretches. I'm there in awe of the man, like always. I'm snapped out of my trance when I hear the cameraman give Al a countdown. Suddenly, Al is there singing and I'm getting a very up-close "a capella" performance of Tacky. I follow Al all along the route, seeing the entrance from different angles. Again, it felt like Marty when he's at the dance viewing everything from the first movie from different perspectives.

Finally, we are entering the auditorium and everyone is going crazy. I sneak a look at the video screen and I'm not there near Al. I guess I really am invisible in this. I run past him and down the front row and stop in front of myself. "He's coming, dude! He's coming!" I can't hide my excitement even though I know everything that happened and can recall it vividly. As Al walks along the front row, I decide to steal a high five from him by putting my hand in front of someone who was about to get one. Sorry, but not sorry. :lol:

I move out of the way and Al makes his way up the steps to the stage and finishes the song. I cheer along with the audience and turn again to face myself and geek out. "This is awesome, dude! Can you believe..." All of a sudden, I'm mesmerized by... myself, of all people. I start tearing up and look back towards Al who has taken off his jacket and is already getting ready to tear into the next song. "It's all about different perspectives," I think. So, I sit on the floor in front of myself and just watch myself during the concert. I see how I felt... and it's so vivid and clear. I remember just feeling so carefree and painless and loving every moment. This was my idea of heaven. This was my dream coming true. I smiled looking at myself just seeing my hero be himself and entertain the entire auditorium. I can see the look on my face and in my eyes.

This was my version of the fans being awed by The Beatles, or Michael Jackson, or any other larger than life entertainer. I saw myself being an unapologetic fanboy and loving it. I saw myself feeling... happy! Sadly, that can often be an alien feeling to me, so I cherished it. I studied my face and my body language and just drank in the sight of seeing myself in a state of pure bliss, watching my hero, trying not to faint or break down and often singing along to the lyrics. After all, Al would say sometimes he would look at the fans in the front row (this was especially true back in 2007, and I remember just feeling on a whole other level of existence when he repeatedly made eye contact with me while singing, almost as if he was looking at my lips to try and remember the lyrics) in case he forget a lyric or two, since they often sang along.

During the show, I also did something else. Unfortunately, I can't mention what it was because it'll give away what show I attended, but I thought it was amusing and if I ever have the courage to tell what show I attended, maybe you'll think this part of my dream was amusing, too. Anyway, at the end of the show, I'm there still watching myself and feeling so deeply moved by seeing my experience as someone else would have seen it. Suddenly, I get chills as I hear a familiar voice on the stage. We are receiving orders for the meet and greet. I even repeat the lines along with the Czar. "Who wants to meet Weird Al Yankovic?!" (VIPs cheer) "Who wants to go to the bathroom?!" (VIPs cheer). :lol:

Anyway, let's fast-forward to where I'm standing and waiting to meet Al next. Immediately, I just start bawling as I see myself meet my hero. I even mouth, "Don't let go" as I see myself hugging Al for what seemed like an eternity (but could never be long enough, of course). As dream me heads to the exit, I can't help it and I run up to Al and wrap my arms around him, crying. It feels like forever again, and suddenly I realize that he's returning the embrace. "Thank you so, so much, (MY NAME)," he tells me as we're locked together. Finally, he lets go, and I reluctantly do the same. I'm then face to face with this beautiful man again. I wipe my tears and I feel like a child again... in awe of him. "Just as good the second time around?" he asks. I try to speak but can't, so I just nod. "I'm so happy to hear that," he says, giving that warm smile again. "NOW GET OUT OF HERE!" he yells jokingly before laughing and patting me on the arm. I'm all jelly again and stumble towards the exit. "I better see you again, (MY NAME)!" he says. "I'll do everything I can," I manage to squeak out.

I then take a deep breath outside and decide to run over to the bench where I'm at. There's a pole nearby and I just stand on the other side of it, looking at the stars briefly and singing a few lines of a song that I'm reminded of at the moment. I'm startled by the voice of dream me, who recognizes the song and is surprised someone else knows of the group. Somehow he can see me, so I hide myself as much as I can behind the pole. Ha! This time I'm future Doc talking to 1955 Doc. I try to disguise my voice and say, "Yeah. They're a great band, huh?"

"Yeah. I was hoping to see them in (OTHER CITY NAME) a while back, but I wasn't able to go. And my luck, they're not touring anymore, possibly ever."
"Well, you never know, man. I met Weird Al tonight and never thought it would happen."
"Same. Greatest night of my life."
"Mine, too. I hear that Al isn't touring again until 2018."
"I heard that, too. If I make it to then, I'm going to do everything I can to be there. Honestly, if I had the money, I would go to every single show."
"Wouldn't that be awesome?"
"Beyond awesome. I just hope I get to see him at least once again before I die."
"You never know what'll happen. Anyway, you have a good night and a safe trip back to (HOMETOWN)."

I then run off into the distance and can dream me somehow saying, "Wait? How did you know I'm from (HOMETOWN)?!"

I then ended up tripping and when my face smashed into the ground, I woke up.