Generic Al Blather

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

BabyBoolie27 @ March 02, 2009 04:21 pm wrote: I was at my local Menards store and My Sherona by The Knack came on and my son stopped dead in his tracks and said, "hey those aren't the words!" I tried to explain that this was the original song but he wouldn't hear of it. He said, "Hey don't they know (they being The Knack) that this song has already been done! Why are they using Al's music!)

Hehe...die hard Al fan to the end! :lol:
:oo Well check this out, many years ago the song "Livin' on the Edge" by Aerosmith was on the radio and I was singing along to it and when the choris of the song came on I busted out with "Livin' in the Fridge!" I started to crack up, so I went along with Al's parody and just kept that going. I still remember what I thought of at that moment..."Al has warped my mind!" Which sometimes that can happen. Thats really cute by the way, I hope my imaginary son does that someday. :Y

Oh, also die hard here too.
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

DrDecay @ March 02, 2009 06:52 pm wrote: I hope my imaginary son does that someday. :Y

Oh, also die hard here too.
:lol: And I think that a mind warped by Al is a beautiful thing! And I'm starting young with my son...he is only 5!

Yeah Patti Josiah definitely has his mind set in that matter! They were stealing Al's music and from the disgruntled look on Josiah's face I would wager he wasn't happy about it! :lol:
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Does anyone watch The Girls Next Door on E!? (Shut up, sometimes it's entertaining.) Anyhooo.... really random Al sighting. At least I'm nearly sure it is.

In the current episode, when Kenra is moving out, Hef goes up to his secretary Mary's office. Over her shoulder, is an Al and fan picture. It's blurred, so I can't be totally sure. But it's a larger than human head, long curly hair, head tilted just right. It totally looks like every other Al/fan pic we've ever seen. And we know he's been at The Mansion.
Vargas Chick
Occasional

Post by Vargas Chick »

We were channel surfing and ended-up on the "Girls Next Door". Kendra was always funny and we loved her laugh. Yes, we saw the same picture on Mary's desk. There were other pictures on her desk too, but his face was the most clear to see. I guess Mary likes Al the best!
Sometimes, stuff happens.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Glad to know I wasn't hallucinating Al's pic. And I re-watched the episode just to be sure.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Ummm...hehe.

That's me. :D

Mary is my great Aunt (My dad's aunt). It was thanks to her that I met Al after a concert at the Greek Theater (10/20/07)!

Yeah, that's the picture of Al and I at the concert and such. I was going to bring it up considering this is the second time I've seen my picture there, but I dunno, some people get kinda uncomfortable if you bring up GND or the mansion.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera @ March 06, 2009 02:47 pm wrote: I was going to bring it up considering this is the second time I've seen my picture there, but I dunno, some people get kinda uncomfortably aroused if you bring up GND or the mansion.
Fixed.

Anyway, that's freaking awesome, Meli, and well spotted, Bobbi!
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera @ March 06, 2009 03:47 am wrote: Ummm...hehe.

That's me. :D

Mary is my great Aunt (My dad's aunt). It was thanks to her that I met Al after a concert at the Greek Theater (10/20/07)!

Yeah, that's the picture of Al and I at the concert and such. I was going to bring it up considering this is the second time I've seen my picture there, but I dunno, some people get kinda uncomfortable if you bring up GND or the mansion.
OK I'm intrigued enough to ask...why is there a pic of you with Al on some TV programme?.. Oh OK.. I just realised that programme is produced by someone I know.. I really shouldnt be so surprised by all these connections now should I? LOL
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera @ March 05, 2009 08:47 pm wrote: Yeah, that's the picture of Al and I at the concert and such. I was going to bring it up considering this is the second time I've seen my picture there, but I dunno, some people get kinda uncomfortable if you bring up GND or the mansion.
That's you??? What are the odds? And thanks for confirming that it is indeed a pic of Al.

So, have you met Hef?
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Yep, a few times in fact.

Ludo, I'm there because its a picture that she keeps in her office. *shrug* Nothin' special.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli