Generic Al Blather

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Re: Generic Al Blather

Post by Capybara »

Scrolling through iTunes, I found this. Apparently, some 7th grade teacher decided to include Word Crimes as a part of their course.

I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

So I play pub trivia from time to time, and at the place I go to, one round is always an audio round where they play clips of songs and you have to provide the title and artist. Sometimes they put a little twist on it so it's not necessarily a straightforward "Here is a clip of the original version" sort of thing. So you can imagine how delighted I was when they announce that the title of the audio round is "Let's Have a Weird Al Round." Like, I was hyperventilating from excitement and was so in the zone. They announced that it was going to be clips of Al's parodies and you had to name the original song and artist, but they lied because it was actually clips from polkas, which is slightly more difficult but still...I mean, I don't wanna sound cocky here but I got this. Nailed most of them in the first 2-3 seconds--I think the only ones that took me a bit longer were "Sharp-Dressed Man" by ZZ Top (had to speedily play it in my head) and "Fireflies" by Owl City (the artist name just wasn't coming to me).

Anyway, yeah, my entire life had been building up to that moment so it was pretty amazing.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Haha that rules. I was once playing pub Name That Tune and it was a huge range of pop and rock songs. One was The Night Santa Went Crazy.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

So, it's no secret that Al is basically obsessed with Hamilton, and after finally listening to the full soundtrack, I understand why.

Just spent the past two and a half hours listening to the Hamilton soundtrack and following along with the lyrics. I'd heard songs from it before but this was my first time just sitting down and listening all the way through. I cried twice. I don't know how since I wasn't watching it just listening but man. King George is my fav. Also Eliza Hamilton, for real though. Ugh I need to listen again.

Thank you Al for being so obsessed with Hamilton that you constantly re-remind me to pay attention to it. :good:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
catladyleeann
Regular

Is it really to hot to hoot?

Post by catladyleeann »

https://youtu.be/Edhxs7bV1bs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to some of the critters at the Environmental Studies Center, it is WAY too hot to hoot!
Y'all check out the video, and decide for yourselves. Please remember that this is my first video ever, so try to concentrate on the non-shaky parts of it. :onfire:
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Re: Is it really to hot to hoot?

Post by QuantumError »

Is this Al related, beyond the Al song reference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

It is, in that it is a play on the song reference and as I know he is an animal lover, I figured the rest of his fans would get a kick out of it.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

If I've overstepped my bounds, please let me know and I'll take it down. It was something I came up with after hearing "Bob" for the first time. I thought it would be funny if there were a way we could see if one can really be too hot to hoot. I meant no disrespect. I promise.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I watched it
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

It was a spur of the moment idea. Like most of my ideas, I knew I had to run with it before A)I forgot it (I AM 61, ya know :blink: ), B) someone else got the idea and did one a WHOLE lot more professional, or C) I lost my nerve (which doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's really ugly...).

Thanks for taking the time to watch it. I may end up taking it down, so it's good to know it got at least one view that wasn't my own :tacky: