The Big Absence Topic: Once More, With Feeling

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: The Big Absence Topic: Once More, With Feeling

Post by Teh Dingo »

minnick27 wrote:Oh I forgot, the new people have the final say in everything. Hey Whizzi, lets change the forum name to "Whatever you want to say, who cares anymore?"

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

The new people don't have the final say in everything. It's just when the mods do have the final say, they just start having their say somewhere else and we have to start this crap all over again :rolleyes:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

Teh Dingo wrote:
minnick27 wrote:Oh I forgot, the new people have the final say in everything. Hey Whizzi, lets change the forum name to "Whatever you want to say, who cares anymore?"

The new people don't have the final say in everything. It's just when the mods do have the final say, they just start having their say somewhere else and we have to start this crap all over again :rolleyes:
Yeah - let's get this on topic please! You may say I was being a pain, but most all of Webkinz' posts and my posts include the words "on topic" :P so OVERALL, Webkinz' and I just wanna get this page rolling again. PLEASE! :P
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

minnick27 wrote:I'm not picking on anyone, I'm stating facts. I understand you are children. What I don't understand is why we allow the children to dictate what goes on on a forum that was around before they were even born. And Webkinz im sorry if you find me salty, but I'm the only person who will speak up. I know for a fact that many long standing members don't come here specifically because of this new era of smurf. We've had this talk before, guess it hasn't sunk in.

Yes! Thank you!!! There are plenty other places to go to for the attention you want. I have been on here since I myself was 14 but the internet and all was different back then. This IS a place for Weird Al fans to talk about WEIRD AL YANKOVIC. What it's become is a place for butthurt kids to come and whine and complain about things. I do the see most of the knowledgeable older fans I used to see on here anymore cuz this has just become like every other whiny chat place on the internet. That has never been my thing. I came in here cuz it was good and was a representation of AL and his goodness. Now it's a bunch of clueless teens going on about how everyone hates them. This forum IS NOT ABOUT YOU!!! It's about Weird Al
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

ell wrote:Okay, understood. Sorry, I will now proceed to use my "I'm Pretty New Here" card, ALRIGHT! That was the only time!
Less than one hour later...
ell wrote:Yeah - let's get this on topic please! You may say I was being a pain, but most all of Webkinz' posts and my posts include the words "on topic" :P so OVERALL, Webkinz' and I just wanna get this page rolling again. PLEASE! :P
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

TMBJon wrote: Less than one hour later...
ell wrote:Yeah - let's get this on topic please! You may say I was being a pain, but most all of Webkinz' posts and my posts include the words "on topic" :P so OVERALL, Webkinz' and I just wanna get this page rolling again. PLEASE! :P
Well, now that Teh Dingo said it it kind of became offical... because he created the page.(EDIT: Nope. I'm stupid. He's a moderator.) ANY-way, running outta people that don't hate me. :P (wow-is-me, I know :P)
Last edited by ell on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Nope, didn't create it. Just a moderator. WHiZZi created the forum :)

Then again, I am the creator of this topic, so..... :whip:

:P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

Teh Dingo wrote:Nope, didn't create it. Just a moderator. WHiZZi created the forum :)

Then again, I am the creator of this topic, so..... :whip:

:P
Thanks for clarifying. Clarifying that you should NOT get a hold of a whip :P
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

To sum it up:
-Just because nobody replied to your post within 10 minutes doesn't mean we all hate you.
-There is nothing wrong with taking some time off from WOWAY for any reason, whether you have a lot going on in life or you're no longer an Al fan or whatever.
-The more often you post about considering leaving or "taking a break" from the forum, the more obvious it is that you are fishing for "No, please don't go!" comments, and the less likely you are to receive them.
-If you do leave, we'll miss you. Or we won't. It doesn't matter. You do you. WOWAY has said goodbye to tons of fantastic, beloved members over the years, as well as plenty of posters nobody remembers. It's still here.
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

anthontherun wrote:To sum it up:
-Just because nobody replied to your post within 10 minutes doesn't mean we all hate you.
-There is nothing wrong with taking some time off from WOWAY for any reason, whether you have a lot going on in life or you're no longer an Al fan or whatever.
-The more often you post about considering leaving or "taking a break" from the forum, the more obvious it is that you are fishing for "No, please don't go!" comments, and the less likely you are to receive them.
-If you do leave, we'll miss you. Or we won't. It doesn't matter. You do you. WOWAY has said goodbye to tons of fantastic, beloved members over the years, as well as plenty of posters nobody remembers. It's still here.
I know - I never said because nobody replied in 10 minutes it means they hate me - when I get a bunch of out pour saying WOWAY is terrible because of members like me it's different :P but I'm liking your comment, because I agree with what you said- I didn't post multiple times I was taking a break, though. Wait - is this directed towards me? I can't tell really... :P And yeah, if I leave no one will miss me, because I haven't been here since 2001, I'm only an occasional, and I haven't done much :P either way, you get a like on this comment because overall I agree with what you said. Also, my initial "I'm leaving blah, blah, blah" post was very wow-is-me and I over reacted, I'm sincerely sorry :)
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

It's not directed at anyone specifically; those are just things that seem to have come up regularly in this topic as of late. No need to apologize.