The Big Photo/Video Topiic

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: The Big Photo/Video Topic 4.0

Post by algonacchick »

I took this pic yesterday for a photo a day group I'm in on facebook. Every month, we get a list of prompts, and we are to take pics that represent each one. Of course, each prompt is open to interpretation. Yesterday's prompt was "give", so I decided to give my friends a giggle (hopefully) by posting this pic of me, posing wearing a shirt I've had for about 14 years, side by side with a pic Al's RWS CD. I realized after I took the pic that I was standing on the opposite leg, but I just went with this pic, anyway. It's a mirror image, right? :P I got about 75 likes, so I felt pretty good about it. This group is international, and I've introduced a few members to the wonder that is Weird Al. They love my enthusiasm. It's a fun group. I've decided that if I were to have a Native American name, "Runs With Scissors" would be it. Here's the pic.

4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

So this is me:
Plus cute toad from my parents' greenhouse, just because... :wub:
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Nice pic, mellow weasel! I like your toad as well. I took a pic of a toad earlier this summer. I thought he was cool, too.

Oh, I got a new bike. Not sure if I told you all that my bike was stolen on the 4th of July. Well, it was, so I went a little over month without one. Any of you who know me, know that I don't drive, so this was tough for me. My friend Sandy sold this bike to me. It's old school, with coaster brakes. One tube and those purty whitewall tires shown in this pic were replaced yesterday, because there was a tear in the front tire that caused the tube to pop. Seriously, a very loud pop! I was close to home, thank goodness. The new tires have Kevlar in them, so if anyone shoots at my tires, they won't go flat. :P Anyway, this is a pic I posted for my photo a day group shortly after I got the bike. :D

So awesome!

Al Team #325
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I took this pic of my band at practice yesterday. We are called Problem Child. I took it for my photo a day group. The point is to take a pic every day that corresponds to a prompt. You have to take the pic yourself. Yesterday's prompt was "beginning". We had done maybe one or two songs at this point. I don't have a tripod, so our bass player set a stool on top of a pool table. I set the camera on the stool, turned on the timer, and sat down. I love that our drummer crossed his sticks. :D

Clockwise from the front: Me, my hubby Bill, Joe K. and Joe D.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I went to the Michigan Renaissance Festival with my sister Chris yesterday, and had a wonderful time!
Bart, you would have been proud of me. I sang along with several songs when we were at the pub, because I know them from Pyrates!

Here I am in my pirate costume:

Here is my sister Chris, who finally caved and wore a costume this year!

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: The Big Photo/Video Topiic

Post by mellow weasel »

I made some pretty cool photos today - well, cool if you like macro pics of dead invertebrates :lol: (I know I do :good: ). These are amphipods that I'm preparing for chemical analysis, the big ones are about half an inch, the small ones... how do you people measure things way smaller than an inch...? :?

This is not off-topic, is it? :unsure:
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

mellow weasel wrote:how do you people measure things way smaller than an inch...? :?
Something stupid that doesn't make sense like 7/32 of an inch. But most people in technical professions will use mm like a normal person
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I looked it up and there is apparently a unit of measurement called a thou, which is 1/1000th of an inch. I've never used it before. Most people would use millimeters in this case. Metric is relatively common in the US, especially in scientific contexts.

Anyway, cool amphipods!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

So this is what's happening in my house right now
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

minnick27 wrote:So this is what's happening in my house right now
Nothing is happening in your house? Because that's what I see in your post :unsure: