Al Fest: Fan Convention August 1st in SoCal

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

The Doctor @ October 10, 2008 01:16 pm wrote: :D I would have so much fun with that!
I would so attend that! :good:
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Kristine @ October 10, 2008 08:22 pm wrote: "I picked the name of this whole convention... and all I got was this stupid T-shirt"
:lol:

Fred, if you're asking when the OC fair is, it runs July 10-August 9. The convention will be sometime between July 29 and August 9. That's as far as I can narrow it down at this point. I should know more about that in about a month.

Jon-I'll need volunteers for registration, vending, crowd control, etc. and also for helping with more specialized things like working the sound system and taking photos and video (though some of that will also be done by hired professionals).

--V
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

I don't know how much help I could be, but I wouldn't mind helping somehow if I could.
Silence will fall.
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

:whoot:
OH COOL!

I think I'll be able to come, as long as it doesn't interrupt Comic-Con or high school sophmore registration...but most importantly, Comic-Con! :D

I'll totally love to go to this! I'll have to bring my dad along (not an avid Al fan, but seems to enjoy his concerts). As long as no one mingles with him, it'll be alright.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Ah, next year I really should go to Comic-Con.. I went a few years ago and hated it, but that's because I was looking in the wrong places.
Silence will fall.
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

Here's an idea for the name (and an addition to these Comic Con references):

Eh, I'll work on it.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

:lol:
Silence will fall.
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

I *really* like the idea of calling it WAYCon - it just rolls of the tongue and sounds familiar (like AlCon!)

I definitely intend to attend this, and I will do whatever is needed of me to volunteer and help make this possible. Please PM me or anything if there is anything I can do to get this moving. :)
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Hey, I would love to volunteer with any number of those things. I can definitely help out with registration, crowd control, etc. but I can also help out with the sound setup and shooting video. Didn't get that A/V Club yearbook picture for nothing 8)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

-First off, this is AMAZING! I'm so happy that its near me! :D

-Secondly, count me in for attending AND volunteering with anything! (Well, except for putting my foot behind my head, still can't do that yet, but I'm working on it! ;) )

-For DVDs, I can do with what my dad did last year for the Biography DVDs. Except make it more organized like have a sign up sheet for name and address for it and maybe like a $5 cost per DVD. (Sorry guys, economy is bad for everyone)

-Lip syncing sounds awesome, maybe have a look-alike contest as it was done in the past. Good times....good times... :P

-WAYCon sounds good too, short, sweet, and to the point.

-And if you have it at a hotel, there are better offers for our out-of-town members to buy a plane ticket and hotel stay for a night or two.

-Please have it on a weekend (Even though it probably will be, I'm going to beg) because I have summer school and missing a day is like missing a whole week. Plus weekends are naturally more convenient for people who work and things like that.

-Since its by the fair, we could all go to Al's Brain together!

-If some people have trouble with rides to the WAYCon (Or whatever it ends up being called) we can have carpools from the airport (Which would probably be LAX, correct me if I'm wrong :) ) or we can even rent a bus to drive everyone to the selected place. (You know, have a bunch of people fly in on the same day and just move on up there.)

Anyway, enough with my rambling ideas! This sounds completely and utterly amazing and I can't wait for more info!
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli