Make The Rock Hall Weird

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Hey.

Who's ready for a new campaign project?
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

What is the project, sir?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Have you ever asked yourself, "Self, I've already written a letter, sent a postcard, and even signed a petition, so what other paper-based thing could I possibly do to show my support for Al to be inducted into the Rock Hall?"

Well, to show that you truly care, let's go for one of the more classic ways...send a card.

That's right, it's time to announce the next big campaign project, one based on greeting cards. It's called....

THE GREAT GREETING CARD PROJECT

From April 1 to October 23, we will be flooding the Rock Hall Foundation office with greeting cards that all convey one simple message: INDUCT WEIRD AL!

As far as what kind of card to send, the sky's the limit. Make one, download one, Photoshop one, or just buy one. They can be funny, subtle, artistic, or even those trendy musical cards that all the kids' parents seem to like nowadays.

Over the course of the six-and-a-half months if you want to send more than one card, feel free...just please try to get another person to sign it, such as a friend or relative. The point is to keep cards coming in at a continuos rate to maintain Al's presence in that office.

The first strike is coming up quickly, as we need to have an avalanche of cards arrive on April 1. You see, that week Joel Peresman and everyone else at the Rock Hall Foundation will be not in New York but here in Cleveland for the induction ceremony. As they return the next week we want the first thing Joel has to hear is, "Mr. Peresman, on April Fools Day you received (number) of cards supporting 'Weird Al' Yankovic, and more are coming in every day."

So get your card ready, even if you just have to grab a cheap one off the nearest grocery-store rack (you can be more creative with the next one you send)...the fun begins on April 1!

Send your card to:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation
Attn: Joel Peresman
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104
USA
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Already Twittered your blog link, posted it to Facebook and to MySpace blog and Bulletin
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Sounds like a good project. You can count on at least one from me (and anyone else I can convince to do it).
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Great idea, Greg! I'll send at least one, if not more. *I'll recruit some friends to sign any others that get sent out*
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
uwvark
Off The Deep End

Post by uwvark »

I'm down with this. I'll try and be realistic and instead of imagining myself sending 100's of cards like I would like to, I'll try something more managable like sending 1 or 2 a week for as long as I can keep it up.

:peace:
I got 99 problems but BTD ain't one.
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

My first card went out today - clever idea, Greg!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Are you defining "card" loosely enough where I could scribble something down on a piece of paper and stick it in an envelope, rather than drop four bucks on a store-bought greeting card? I also don't have a printer, so drawing by hand is really the cheapest and easiest solution for me.

Obviously, I know you're not going to say I shouldn't do it at all since every little bit helps, but I do want to be sure I am working within the confines of what you have in mind. If you think it's worth buying a store-bought card, I will still do it as it would make my life to see Weird Al in the Rock Hall.
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Do you want most of them to actually arrive on April 1? Or is it postmarked on that day?
Vikki