Hangin' 27 - Al Surfing

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Awesome find, Vikki! I've never seen that accordion before. Isn't his "new toy" red? Someone who knows a little more about accordions, fill me in on this one. Cool pics, and nice blog post.

^_^
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

I just LOVE Al's smile in the first picture!!! :inlove:
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

:whoot: I wanna see that! Come on, people, put stuff up on youtube.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

From a rough draft of a commencement speech that Patton Oswalt was thinking of delivering at his old high school:

"Students and faculty of Broad Run High School, I greet you. I have been on television and in movies and been driven around in a limo and I have 'Weird' Al Yankovic on speed dial, so what I say is smart and helpful. You will listen now.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

:lol:

I am now insanely jealous of...Patton Oswalt? Why does that sound wrong? The man has Al on speed dial!

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

I'll post details in Generic Al Blather but I met Patton Oswalt. We talked about his previous Al-projects for a bit. I had him (and emo philips the night before) sign my TWAS DVD set.
Last edited by CB Johnny on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

The guy said he was introduced as "Awkward Al", but now that the video is up, I see they really said "Bizarre Al" and then later during the song they called him "Unusual." :D

I hope someone else puts up a another video since this person didn't bother to have Al on camera at all.

The accordion apparently belonged to BNL.

--V
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

algonacchick @ Jun 12 2008, 07:19 PM wrote: Awesome find, Vikki! I've never seen that accordion before. Isn't his "new toy" red? Someone who knows a little more about accordions, fill me in on this one. Cool pics, and nice blog post.

^_^
In the vid the BNL members when asking him to come up say something along the lines of "We have one of those things you play" so my guess is it belonged to them
Plus the photos show him really looking at the keyboard in a way he wouldnt need to on a familiar instrument
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ah, that explains the accordion. Kevin Hearn plays accordion, so it was probably his. *Kevin is the keyboard player* Yeah, a better video would be cool. Hopefully, someone else will post one. There were several posted when Al played with PUSA, so, we can only hope...

ETA: He looks down at his own accordion in very much the same way sometimes, but, you could be right, Louise. I did see the video, and, although you couldn't see Al, you could certainly hear him play, and it sounded really good.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

According to this press release, a tongue-in-cheek Al blurb is going to be used on the poster for an upcoming documentary about Monty Python's master songwriter, Neil Innes.

Even without Al's praise, I still want to see this if it ever comes anywhere near me.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;