Recipies

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

JKaudio
Occasional

Recipies

Post by JKaudio »

OK, I am assuming that everyone knows how to make a Twinkie Weiner Sandwich... BUT, does anyone else have any info on any vegan (or 'strict vegetarian) dishes that they know Al likes? I think it'd be a kick to have people share some recipies on here and we could all try making them and such.

-Jeremy

P.S. It would be great if you know that Al likes them, but I guess any vegetarian recipies would be cool if it's not too far off topic. (?)

P.P.S. I am not a vegetarian myself, but I don't mind being one for short periods of time :)
-Jeremy
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

It's a good idea, jk, but I don't think I've seen anything where Al mentioned any favorite dishes (except Quisp cereal, and I think he was kidding).

Steamed broccoli?

Vegan pizza?

Hummus? Yeah, hummus would work. It's mentioned as a possible snack in the Touring With Scissors contract rider.

HUMMUS (from Recipezaar.com)

2 cups chickpeas [garbanzo beans] (cooked)

1 tablespoon tahini [sesame paste]

1 clove pressed garlic

1/2 cup olive oil [use extra-virgin if you can]

1/4 cup lemon juice [use fresh if you can]

salt

pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together in your food processor (or blender).

Serve as dip with fresh vegetables.

If you are going to be meeting scores of adoring fans shortly after consuming this dish, consider reducing the amount of garlic. :nervous:

Hmmm..... if every venue provided hummus, I wonder just how tired of the stuff Al is by now. :huh:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

If you are going to be meeting scores of adoring fans shortly after consuming this dish, consider reducing the amount of garlic.
Or bring enough to share. No true fan would be put off by a little garlic anyhow. Al could slather himself in garlic and I would still stand in line for one of those world famous AL hugs (which I have read described as breathtaking.)

:inlove:
Hmmm..... if every venue provided hummus, I wonder just how tired of the stuff Al is by now.

Yeah, even if I loved something, I wouldn't want to see it on the menu 232 times in a row. But if you have a restricted diet, sometimes safe is a consideration. I am not vegan, but I do try to keep kosher and sometimes a known food item is easier to deal with (even if you are sick of it) than an unknown and possibly tastier dish that doesn't meat (pun intended) your special needs.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Yeah, even if I loved something, I wouldn't want to see it on the menu 232 times in a row. But if you have a restricted diet, sometimes safe is a consideration.

And tahini is said to be very high in calcium. So here's hoping he chowed down.

Hey, remember that rude, obnoxious interview by the Frat Boys from Heck where Al was described on first sight as "sitting at a table near the stage, staring into his plate of food with a despondent and depressed look"?

I'd always assumed he looked that way in anticipation of having his dinner interrupted by the F.B.f.H. but maybe he was engaged in deep meditation on the subject of tour food.

I saw a website once that was devoted to touring musicians' contract stipulations, and one of them-- I believe it may have been the Red Hot Chili Peppers-- achieved some real emotional depth (not easy to do in a contract clause) on the subject of "Please! Serve us anything except vegetarian lasagna again!"