It's great to be back!!!!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I mentioned Jim West a few posts back... I was doing some surfing and found some Real Audio samples from his Hawaiian Slack Guitar CD.

Oh, great. Just what I needed. More CD's to buy. What's even worse, I'll probably have to buy two of this one! Can't forget my pal at work who was born on Oahu. I hope you're satisfied. :yell:

It really is beautiful stuff.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Oh, great. Just what I needed. More CD's to buy. What's even worse, I'll probably have to buy two of this one! Can't forget my pal at work who was born on Oahu. I hope you're satisfied. :yell:

It really is beautiful stuff.

Glad I could help. What are friends for? It is beautiful. I wonder if there is an instrument he can't play. I bet Al has to smack his hands off the accordion!

One good thing about my WAY obsession, it has opened up music to me that I would not have normally even known about. Because of Al's appreciation of Dr. D, I started listening his show. And I have heard a number of really good artists doing similar work to Al's. None as good, but still fun to listen to.

Don't worry Al. You're still my favorite. I'm not getting tired of you. You can't get rid of me that easily! <Scottidog is a loyal WAY fan, patiently waiting for the new AL-bum.>
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I agree. Since listening to Al, I've become more open to music. Okay, usually it has some connection to Al in some way or form, but I don't care. :)

I love comedy music.

Now if I can buy more cds, I'm set. I just need money.

-CindyBob

:stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I agree. Since listening to Al, I've become more open to music. Okay, usually it has some connection to Al in some way or form, but I don't care. :)

But because Al's musical style is so eclectic the connections can be pretty loose!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

But because Al's musical style is so eclectic the connections can be pretty loose!

Yep. Though, I'm concentrating on getting those demented cds and Steve Jay albums and Jim West...

Though, my hinting at what I want for my b-day/Christmas is getting heavy...Okay, so what if I'm telling them what I exactly want and where they can get it...

-CindyBob

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

so what if I'm telling them what I exactly want and where they can get it...

How thoughtful of you. You could save them the time and trouble and just ask for the cash so you can get it yourself!

Actually, in my family getting hints is almost impossible... Oh, you don't have to get me anything... sigh.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Actually, in my family getting hints is almost impossible... Oh, you don't have to get me anything... sigh.

I know what you mean.

"No, I don't want anything this year....especially not this one thing I saw on eBay....huh? Oh, nothing. No, not that. Nope, you would never know....especially if you searched under 'Chuck Jones Daffy cel.' What? No, not that one. No, not that one either. I already have that one, you idiot. Sigh....if anyone cared, it might be auction number 56998700632. Huh? Someone bought it now already? Well, maybe if someone didn't take forever to find it.... Yeah well, apology accepted. Huh? Oh, don't worry about me this year. I'll be fine with a freakin' gift certificate to a stationary store. I'm not being difficult. Oh yeah? Well, maybe I will just forget to shop this year, too! No, I don't think I should come over for turkey that night, either! Yeah! Well, I hope you have a Merry ------- Christmas, you utter moron! Yeah, give my love to Dad."

Sigh.....don't you just love Christmas?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

No, not that one. No, not that one either. I already have that one, you idiot.

Why does CatraDhtem have Ren's voice (or is it Stimpy, I never can remember which is which) when he says this? I swear I can hear it! LOL

"You EEEEeeeediot!"

Or is it Yosmite Sam "Ya idjit!" ?

At least the voices in my head have a sense of humor :)

<$cottidog ju$t $urfed over to Ebay to ¢he¢k out the ¢hu¢k Jone$ ¢el$. Wow, are they $$pendy! But very ¢ool!)
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

You could save them the time and trouble and just ask for the cash so you can get it yourself!

I've tried that. That seems to translate, "Buy whatever you think I may like...Which is you thinking of what you like and hope I like it too."

My immediate family knows my train of thought and they know what I own too...

My mom's side um...Thinks that I'm one of those Britney Spears/N'Sync people. Eee-gads. They snort in my happiness of comedy music. :( Though, it sunk through their head 2 years ago when I got nifty Al stuff and gift certicates but it seems that thought has disappeared from their heads again.

Thank goodness for returning items which means...Take that money and buy some Al stuff!

-CindyBob *unfortunate for b-day 2 weeks off from Christmas*

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

My mom's side um...Thinks that I'm one of those Britney Spears/N'Sync people.

-CindyBob *unfortunate for b-day 2 weeks off from Christmas*

CindyBob, I really would have thought your mom would have taught you better than to use that kind of language (Britne... I can't even type it out, ewwwww) in front of civilized people (such as your average ALfan!)

And yeah. My birthday is just about 2 weeks after Christmas (ok, 20 days after, so almost 3 weeks) and my whole life it was "Well, this is your Christmas and Birthday present! My two sisters had summer birthdays, so they got special presents, and a birthday party at my grandma's house. Not me :(