Way Moby

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Way Moby

Post by scottidog »

I have been trying to find out the origin of "Way Moby", which I see on my WAY cds. I assume it is the legal name used when Al produces his music, since he says that they changed "Ear Booker" to "Way Moby" for accounting reasons.

Anyhoo. I assume that "Way" refers to Weird Al Yankovic. But what does "Moby" refer to? I did a search at Ask Al, and I also did a quick search here. But to no avail.

Because I must know Al trivia. I really must. Yep, I have been wondering about this for at least several minutes.

Sigh. Does the obsession ever end? Sign me up for that therapist too.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Way Moby

Post by Elvis »

Moby comes from the first "The Weird Al Show" episode to be aired. If someone is moby, it's basically saying they are cool. Either that or it means that they wear bunny ears, shave off an eyebrow, cover their arms in chocolate, and cut off one of their pants legs.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: Way Moby

Post by scottidog »

Moby comes from the first "The Weird Al Show" episode to be aired. If someone is moby, it's basically saying they are cool. Either that or it means that they wear bunny ears, shave off an eyebrow, cover their arms in chocolate, and cut off one of their pants legs.

Dave

Say, now that is cool! Thanks for the info. How did I miss the Weird Al Show? Probably watching MST3K instead :mad: