Happiness is a new WAY CD!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Happiness is a new WAY CD!

Post by scottidog »

And I am a happy, happy, happy, happy girl!

I just found and bought: Even Worse, Alapalooza, Greatest Hits Vol. 2 and Dare To Be Stupid!

Where to start? Sigh... it doesn't matter. $pent a little more than I $hould have, but what is money for except to feed my WAY obsession?

:onfire:
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

Amen
Cartunedude
Occasional

Re: Happiness is a new WAY CD!

Post by Cartunedude »

And I am a happy, happy, happy, happy girl!

I just found and bought: Even Worse, Alapalooza, Greatest Hits Vol. 2 and Dare To Be Stupid!

Where to start? Sigh... it doesn't matter. $pent a little more than I $hould have, but what is money for except to feed my WAY obsession?

:onfire:

You got THAT right! :D Congratulations on your new purchases!

C-type

:stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You know, even the songs I didn't care for are growing on me.

And one of my new favorites? Me-he-he-he-lanie! Sigh. What a voice WAY has.

<Swoons> Just One More Minute!
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Melenie was one of my least favorites, but now its one my favorites!!!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Another WAY safari ends in success!

After scouting around, and at least findind some WAY stuff (that I AL-ready had, bummer) I decided to swing by Sam Goody's. They haven't had anything, and couldn't even order UHF for me.

But today! WahOOOO! The self titled AL-bum. Happy Birthday to me! I don't have the Buckingham Blues anymore. He's Such A Groovy Guy, I can't wait to tell Ricky and Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung. They wouldn't stop Draggin My Car around, so I had to be Another One Ridin' the Bus. I was so happy, but I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead. Gotta Boogie now, my snack is waiting and I Love Rocky Road!!

I had them order Permanent Record. I'll just tell them The Check's In The Mail.

So in 14 days, I will be listening to the Twine Ball song... and many, many others. It's a good day.

:choon:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I was out shopping for sundrys. I have looked everywhere in town that they have CDs, and I have everything that anyone has... But I was there, so decided "nothing ventured, nothing gained" and went over to see what WAY stuff they had.

Found about 6 AL-bums. Reading the titles: Have it, have it, have it... hmmmm. Wait. The TV Album. Don't have that. I was looking at it , only one song on there I don't have "The Brady Bunch." While I was pondering the purchase, I was absent mindedly flipping through the others. What just a dad-gum minute! What do I see, but an apparently nekked AL?? OFF THE DEEP END!!! Audible gasp! Trying to contain myself. After all, if I jump up and down giggling like a school girl then everybody is gonna want one! Quietly put it in my basket. I pondered the TV Album. Then I saw the new Elvis CD. I figured even Al would have wanted me to buy that one. So I did.

I know. A real fan would have bought the cheesy compilation too. I will. Someday. Really. Hey, I have 3 of them already. (I know PR is a compilation, but there is nothing cheesy about it.)

So, another WAY safari ends in success.

Question for y'all. I also know where I can get a Frankie Yankovic CD with WAY and a bunch of others. WAY is playing "Who Stole The Kiska" the CD is around $14. Worth it? Not so much? What do you say?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Question for y'all. I also know where I can get a Frankie Yankovic CD with WAY and a bunch of others. WAY is playing "Who Stole The Kiska" the CD is around $14. Worth it? Not so much? What do you say?

I definitely say worth it!

I'll have to buy it! :o

Ohh...K-Mart. I learned Sam Goodys is very expensive and K-Mart tends to have a lot of Al cds here. In fact, a better collection than the Sam Goody here! :o

-CindyBob

:stupid:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

If you are talking about Besta Polka, I havent seen the cd since 96 or 97, and as far as I know it was a Sam Goody exclusive. It is ok, it has Bohemian Polka on it, which Im not a fan of, but the Frankie songs are ok. He even has one with Drew Carey. And Jimmy Sturr is good, but its gonna be tough to find. Good luck!

Mike
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

The TV Album. Don't have that. I was looking at it , only one song on there I don't have "The Brady Bunch."

And you can get that song, along with a few others you may not have as well, on the "In 3-D" album. If you track down all of the normal studio albums first, "The Food Album" and "The TV Album" serve no purpose as far as unique material goes.

Of course, that's not to say that an Al fan wouldn't want them in their collection...I'm just saying that if you're slowly building a collection you might as well get the most for your money.