Rare Al items that you own!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Re: Al Artifacts..........

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I think this is the oldest post I've ever read over :D
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Thank you for adding to the conversation. Seriously you need to stop reopening topics with inane comments.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:I think this is the oldest post I've ever read over :D
Go back even further:
alt.music.weird-al
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

minnick27 wrote:Thank you for adding to the conversation. Seriously you need to stop reopening topics with inane comments.

Honest to god, it's getting annoying.

By now Yankoswag should be banned. We've all had enough and these threads keep popping up in my notifications and it's all because of one person. This is seriously just getting worse.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote:Honest to god, it's getting annoying.

By now Yankoswag should be banned. We've all had enough and these threads keep popping up in my notifications and it's all because of one person. This is seriously just getting worse.
To be fair, you did exactly the same thing a few months ago when you first started on here. I think it's an established tradition on WOWAY (and probably every forum ever) that newbs are annoying and do annoying things before they learn the ropes. Yankoswag certainly has not done anything bannable. There have been WOWAY members who do far worse things than open old topics!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

TMBJon wrote:

To be fair, you did exactly the same thing a few months ago when you first started on here. I think it's an established tradition on WOWAY (and probably every forum ever) that newbs are annoying and do annoying things before they learn the ropes. Yankoswag certainly has not done anything bannable. There have been WOWAY members who do far worse things than open old topics!
Well I didn't continue on doing it for 2 months. Or at least from what I remember.

Also yeah you just made me remember that incident in Yankochick Central involving that "WeirdAlHater" (I was asleep so luckily I didn't witness anything)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I just like the huge ellipses in the topic title..............
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:I think this is the oldest post I've ever read over :D
I, too, find old posts fascinating.
I can't imagine why anyone would be annoyed. All Al fans find something interesting about him.
Just like the way there's something for everyone in his catalog of songs. :accordion:
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

TMBJon wrote:

Where am I?
Is this a dictatorship?
Is this the cliquey club where we all have to 'LEARN THE ROPES"?

I'll tell you what draws me to "Weird Al"........
HE DARES TO BE STUPID! :accordion:

I'm delighted that there is a newbie who is enjoying exploring the old posts.
I'd be delighted if I found out it was secretly Al and he saw how poorly you guys treated someone who "didn't learn the ropes". ;(

Lighten up and let us all enjoy Al in anyway, shape or form we like!!! :hug:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well the forum does have rules. Part of those rules that have been established for the last 15 years is you are supposed to contribute to the conversation. Bumping a topic whose last reply was December of 2001 just to say it's the oldest post they've read is not contributing. Now if Yankoswag had bumped it and said "hey this topic should be revived, what's in your collection now?" I would be in total support.
I'm not saying someone should be banned for it but I do think they need to think before they post. I'm all for new members and love the excitement they have in finding old topics, but make it worth other people's time to open the topic.

I'm fact I'm kind of glad this topic came up because there are plenty of users who came after this topic that have massive collections. When this was originally posted I only had the albums and videos and a few promo items. Now I have a whole lot more and am going to be cataloging and adding it to the list here. So what's in your collection.

Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ