Rare Al items that you own!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Rare Al items that you own!

Post by Muppetboy09 »

That is amazing...are the scissors real, or are they some sort of plastic rather than metal?
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

The scissors and the skin are both real
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
angela27
Occasional

Post by angela27 »

I got it at Alcon 2000 - they had a charity auction. I think the grand finale of the action was a baggie of Al's dryer lint. It went for $500 or something. :) The scissors are real, the one blade was cut in half. There is fishing line or something that was used to suspend them from the ceiling for the photo shoot. There is a little framed write-up by Jon talking about when the shoot was, who the photographer was, etc.
angela27
Occasional

Post by angela27 »

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 7677_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I like the COA, like someone would be mass producing and selling fakes of that. :lol:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

is the Alapalooza Videos VHS worth anything? lol
taste is only something if it is yours.
Troodon
Occasional

Post by Troodon »

Well, Well, Well wrote:is the Alapalooza Videos VHS worth anything? lol
I actually have the Weird Al Video Library, the Alapalooza videos, and the Bad Hair Day videos on VHS. All 3 of these can be replaced with "The Ultimate Video Collection" lol...

I have the Compleat Al on VHS (I bought it from a video store that was closing down). I hope to replace it with a DVD this year (it's finally getting a DVD release this November! Will put it on my Christmas list.) Probably the rarest Al-related thing I own. I came close to owning Peter and the Wolf on CD but somebody on eBay sniped me by a dollar at the last second! (I hate trying to win things in auctions! 90% of what I buy off eBay I use Buy It Now).

I actually own Dare to Be Stupid on all three formats: CD, LP, and cassette. Not hugely rare but there's that I guess. The LP is the Canadian release apparently, something I didn't notice til I got it (you can only really tell by the spine and the back cover; it's otherwise identical to the US release).

None too rare, but on vinyl I now own "Weird Al" Yankovic, In 3-D, Dare to be Stupid, Polka Party, Even Worse, Alpocalypse, and Mandatory Fun. Hoping for the semi-rare UHF Soundtrack and Greatest Hits. Then the only Weird Al LPs I'll be missing are the rare ones lol... (like Peter and the Wolf, SLO Grown, Off the Deep End, in roughly that order). Seriously considering getting The Gay 90's: Old Tyme Music too (it's as much a Weird Al album as SLO Grown lol, so why not. It's pretty looking.)
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Came across a cool one today while trying to catch up on my back log of stuff to go through. I've had a copy of "Even Worse" on cassette that I couldn't pinpoint the country of origin on for the longest time. It's pretty basic no frills cassette and sleeve, but the record label/distributor is Michael/7Rock. So today, I finally confirmed that it's Saudi Arabia. Pretty cool, I didn't know Al had any Saudi Arabian releases!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Troodon
Occasional

Post by Troodon »

First real rarity (other than the sort of rare Compleat Al VHS): just got a CD copy of Peter and the Wolf, finally! Will also try to get it on vinyl later (some time after Christmas).
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I am slowly but surely collecting hawaiian shirts like the ones Al wears. I am up to 3 shirts right now, including one from the past tour, one from RWS era, and one from the BHD era.
Last edited by Muppetboy09 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic