Alcon 2000 - 2002

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Weirdalfreak27 @ May 1 2006, 01:51 AM wrote: Hey, I laughed! You can, too!

Q-V-C-D-E-F-G... :lol:
Aww, thanks for saying that. That quote from my stand-up was my favorite part. She really did sing the alphabet that way! Everything I said in my stand-up was true.

Anyway, that was a pretty cool story.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Weirdalfreak27
Occasional

Post by Weirdalfreak27 »

Aww, thanks for saying that. That quote from my stand-up was my favorite part. She really did sing the alphabet that way! Everything I said in my stand-up was true.

You're welcome. That was my favorite part, too. :)

Anyway, that was a pretty cool story.

So random, huh? :lol:
Let those who worship evil's might beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I can't remember if we met at the Con or not. Everything I did seems like it was in a haze.

I have this weird thing when I re-watch my performance, I think of some mistakes I made. They don't look like mistakes to anyone else, but there things I had planned in my head that I didn't do right.

Though, Bob and I did well considering we didnt practice.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Weirdalfreak27
Occasional

Post by Weirdalfreak27 »

I thought the toy drill was a nice touch. I didn't get to actually see your performance until much later, when I watched a video of it. I was backstage then, as I came on right after you. Not a bad set in the least, considering you didn't rehearse!

About the whole shirt thing, Amanda was the one who told me to do it, if you can believe it. I told her my story about the costume, and she said: "Why don't you take your shirt off? That will look kinda caveman-ish." So I said: "Really? I can do that? I won't get in trouble, will I?" and she goes: "I'm the one making the rules, and I say you won't get in trouble." Me: "Okay!"

I never got to see her facial reaction to the whole thing until much later, but it was totally priceless. Like "OMG HE DID IT!" :lol:
aintafraidofy3k
Occasional

Post by aintafraidofy3k »

ALCON 2K4 didn't happen, which was a little of a dissapointment, but I understood the circumstances. I'm not sure if I remember you. I was only there on saturday for ALCON III. But, maybe you remember me. During the Demented Ball, I did the worm, and made out with a beach ball.

One thing is for sure, it was a real blasty blast. It was like a big family reunion.
A chicken that barks like a dog cannot get to the other side of the road.
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

I was at ALCON III and thoroughly enjoyed your performance, Tuck! Welcome to the forum!
Vikki
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hi, Vikki! It's a shame I didn't get to meet you at AlCon III. Did you see my stand-up? I know a few people missed it, including Jon. I think he was getting ready for his presentation. It was a lot of fun, and a real lift for me.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Hi, Patti--Sorry I haven't been around for a few days--too busy counting WASF money. $$$

Yes, I did see your stand-up--it was great! I remember being very impressed with how calm you were.

Yeah, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet, but I'm hoping to make it to some eastern Al concerts next time around, so we just might meet pretty soon! :)

Vikki
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

hehe, yeah, I was surprisingly calm, but my stand-up could have been longer. I still was a bit nervous, especially after seeing Al sitting in the front row. I was backstage during Kevin's performance, so it didn't click that Al was there already. I hope we do get to meet! That would be great!

^_^

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Weirdalfreak27
Occasional

Post by Weirdalfreak27 »

27, did we meet there? Thanks for the kudos.

Al was in the front row

I would've been nervous!!!

Does anyone have any idea how much money it costs to set an Alcon up? I'm sure I could think of ways to pony up the money. I totally want to make it happen again.