Using Weird Al In School Projects

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

WeirdAlFanatic27
Addicted

Using Weird Al In School Projects

Post by WeirdAlFanatic27 »

I am im doing a Hyperstudio project on parody singers and im putting a couple of pics of Al in it accualy i have a lot of pics of Al in it

[ This Message was edited by: WeirdAlFanatic27 on 2002-01-18 06:26 ]
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

when I was in school. Ye s I did. I wrote a few papers on Al. even in Biology I had to write a paper. I chose heredity and put pics of Al and the band in it. cept.. I had to Use chris from NSYNC to show a widows peak...

In english I had to write a bio on someone and make it under I forget... but I had over twice what I needed.. had to cut out important stuff ;.;... but I got the teacher to show UHF in class. :grin:

I wrote a paper on the accordion.

um.. I saved a bunch of it cause I'm a dork.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Um..no...wait! Yes!

In Web Design last year we had to make a site on a person we look up to and make it about them...

Well, naturally it was Al! I got an A on that project too!

Otherwise...no.

[ This Message was edited by: stupidsurgeon27 on 2001-12-18 22:48 ]
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Uhm, this site was a school project :smile:

Is that enough?

My teacher didn't like it though (It was english and that wasn't allowed), so I made another website (uhm, I grabbed a old one from my harddisk) and presented. I've got an A for that.

Anyway, this is how the idea original began to create a forum. And after several contacts with Bermuda he decided to help me and so the forum was born :smile:
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

On 2001-12-18 23:16, WHiZZi wrote:
Uhm, this site was a school project :smile:

:sad:

My teachers seem to love Al, because I keep on getting opportunities to do Al-related projects.

I did a screenplay version of Albuquerque in Creative Writing when I was a sophomore and it was pretty bad, because I had to cut out a major chunk of the song (actually everything from right before the divorce onward) to make the screenplay fit into 20 pages, and it ended up being 21 pages instead. Although my teacher liked it, I really didn't because of all the stuff I had to cut out.

Last year, in English 5-6, I compared "I Hear America Singing" by Walt Whitman to Dog Eat Dog.

Then this year, in Modern Lit, I wrote an essay about what a wonderful role model Al is for todays' youth and turned it in on his birthday. :grin:

I can't remember any other projects I have done about Al, but I've rambled enough for now anyway. Goodnight.

Karen

[ This Message was edited by: Karen on 2001-12-25 01:41 ]
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

I was going to do Albuquerque for Forensics (woo talking and stuff) Bur The chick I read it for wouldn't stop laughing so I couldn't finish it w/o laughing. (She SNORTED when she laughed O_o) So we could never tell how fast I could say it.
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Al in a school project? Why, YES! :wink:

We were assigned to do a website in one of my classes. Thus, my website, frivALity, was born. :grin: I didn't get the best grade on it...I think I got a B, because she didn't care about amount of content, just how flashy you could make the page. (As in, even weirdal.com would have gotten a B for not having an interesting enough background! Even though there's a very good reason why the background is the way it is! Shocking, eh?)

And the same year, in creative writing class, I was assigned to write a play with another person. I had the song "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota" going through my head, so I wrote a character who was obsessed with twine. "Twine in Line"...half an hour of just being crazy. I eventually got to direct it for our school one-act festival. :grin:

I was in marching band last semester. In one game, the UNI Panthers (us) squared off against (I kid you not) the Cal Poly Mustangs. (Yes, *that* Cal Poly.) Talk about conflicting loyalties! :wink: And what cracked me up the most was when we played You Can Call Me Al. (Okay, not so much a school project, but it was school-related and pretty darn spiffy.)Oh yes...and we beat the Mustangs.

Smegabyte

"If you'll be my bodyguard,

I can be your long lost pal!

I can call you Betty,

And Betty, when you call me,

You can call me Al!"

[ This Message was edited by: Smegabyte on 2001-12-19 16:19 ]
jphi986

Post by jphi986 »

i had a free topic project in 7th grade l.a. so i did it on al's life. i played amish paradise and the class cracked up including our teacher.
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

I know I already posted some projects I did about Al already, but here's more:

In Modern Lit I wrote an essay comparing two different social settings and I chose to compare school, where there are not a lot of Al fans and it's very hard for some people to make friends, with the Al fanbase on the Internet.

In Economics, I did a presentation and made a poster about how Al is credited with a bunch of parodies he didn't write on a lot of MP3 websites because most people assume that Al has done every parody out there, even though a lot of them are just not songs Al would ever write or perform. I used both weirdal.com's discography and the Not Al List, but I promoted both websites in my presentation and told *everyone* to go check it out. The presentation was a part of a report I did on how Napster and other MP3 file sharing programs affect the economy, but the report itself did not mention Al.

My teacher kept the poster (which is double sided because I had to do a presentation in her Government class also) because she wanted to show it as an example for next semester's students, although I do get to keep the reports I did for both classes. :smile:

Oh, and the Economics project marks the second time I have gotten more than 100% on any project because of Al, although I usually get A's anyway on the various Al projects I do. :grin:

Karen

*Thank goodness for Bermuda, Al, Jim, Steve and Ruben, weirdal.com, and all the wonderful Al fans I have met on the Internet and in real life too. :smile:*

[ This Message was edited by: Karen on 2001-12-21 08:58 ]
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

I just thought I would post on C-Types behalf. He uses Al at school too. He has shared some of the story boards with us. He's quite talented.

Since he is recovering from his surgery, I knew he couldn't answer the question.

There ya go, C-Dude!