Life Imitating Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Life Imitating Al

Post by yankochick38 »

KaleyFromSpace wrote:I started taking accordion lessons a few days ago, which is a life imitating Al in itself. :accordion: I'm obsessed with it.
But then I posted a picture on Instagram of the accordion I'm renting and it got 27 likes. *GASP*
This means something... This is important. :P
[ http://i.imgur.com/TffWpAn.jpg ]
OMG Kaley, that's awesome!! Where did you get your accordion? How much was it? Every time I try looking on Amazon they're like $300-$400 for the basics! :wacko: maybe that's how much this one was too oops
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

Well, I'm just renting this one so I didn't pay nearly the full price for it. I'm only renting it for a month though, for $20. I'll have to find another one when I move back to college in September. I got really lucky with this arrangement - I found an accordionist in my city who gives lessons and rents out accordions for very affordable prices and he discounts them for students :) The accordion gods are smiling upon me, it seems. But yep, buying accordions is ridiculous. From reputable shops, full accordions are like thousands of dollars, and then you have to get the case and the straps separately, good grief. <_< And there's a dizzying number of models to choose from, whether you want musette or not, etc etc
So I'm really glad this month of easy accordion renting happened - since I've been playing piano and reading music for 10 years, I'll be able to improve really fast in a month especially considering how much I practice, sorry neighbors Woohoo!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

That is a sweet accordion! And $20 a month is a huge bargain! I love seeing that this making you happy, and that's worth any price. :)

I love that you play piano, too. I loved learning piano and accordion and I miss learning to play and just messing around with it.

I got mine long ago pretty cheaply in Mexico. Wasn't as sturdy as an expensive one (and ended up busting), but I wanted to play badly and if I sucked, why spend money on an expensive one?

Can't wait to hear more about your journey with the accordion! :accordion:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

A FaceBook friend of mine just made a post where they were literally complaining about a pixel out in the corner of their laptop.
And Peggy
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

If you go to my profile there are Dick and Dom references littered about everywhere.

I don't think I'm imitating Al here... where's the "Life Imitating Dick and Dom" thread?
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

Heds wrote:where's the "Life Imitating Dick and Dom" thread?
maybe on another forum haha
conk or bepis
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

senorconebra wrote:
Heds wrote:where's the "Life Imitating Dick and Dom" thread?
maybe on another forum haha
Sorry Heds, but the thread's in another forum
aaaa

//heds

Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Okay, so this isn't exactly imitating Al, but I bought a tunic and leggings 2 piece set out of M&S while shopping in Glasgow. It was really nice and actually looked like something Al would wear, and considering me and mum were buying stuff for my ski trip anyways, I got a random size of the set and scanned it on one of these massive tablet things they have but they didn't have it in my size so we got a member of staff to order it on a nearby computer to get it to a Markies nearer to us. Couldn't wish for a better experience.

We're gonna be able to pick it up on Thursday and I'm so excited! Even although I've bought a lot of jumpers and I've already got two very fuzzy jumpers! :P

I actually had quite a lot of fun shopping in Glasgow yesterday. It's always a joy to go into the Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch's etc to go and find things :) Also got a wee bag for my recently-received bank card and soon to be received YoungScot card, so I am over the moon!
aaaa

//heds

LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

I was at a conference about transitioning people with disabilities through life and one of the transition academy students in a picture with his class at one of the stands for the academy was wearing an Alpocalypse shirt.

I pretty much jumped out of my skin. :)
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

To be honest, I wouldn't wear an Al shirt at my school at an out-of-uniform day.

I would be called a ned and then would get beaten up or at least hit over the heed. (T)
aaaa

//heds