Life Imitating Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

the part in "why does this always happen to me" when al says "hey wait a minute. he still owes me money. what a jerk" reminded me of when one of my friends died about 3 years ago. she died in a car wreck. when i found out about it, i was crying and stuff. and then my boyfriend at the time called me and he was like "oh my god, what's wrong?" and i told him that brooke died. and he told his little brother about it. and his brother said "OH NO!!.... she owes me 2 fruitopias!!" i laughed. even though it was pretty mean, it was still funny.
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

QUOTE There was something about a restaurant named after something in a song.  But that might not have been Al-related.

From Ask Al:

QUOTE A club in Houston was sued for calling itself Velvet Elvis. Have you heard anything from the Presley family about the song's name? (CB)  

No. I met Priscilla once or twice while doing the Naked Gun movies, and she never tried to subpoena me or anything.
Egg Land Fondue?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE she owes me 2 fruitopias!!\" i laughed. even though it was pretty mean, it was still funny.

I don't know that you can take anything a person says when they first hear of someone's passing too literally. Weird stuff goes through your head as you try to comprehend the fact that someone you know and care about isn't going to be around any more.

My life imitating Al scenario: I live about a mile from a cattle feed lot, and in the evenings, when the wind is right you can even smell the cows. And it's nasty.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Scotti... I need an Al refrence to get that one... :huh:
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It's from Take Me Down.

QUOTE Someday I'm gonna pack up

And then I'm goin' back up

To that place where sentimental feelings arouse

Where the grass is green

And the air is so clean

That when the wind is right you can even smell the cows
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Hmm... nice refrence scotti. Going with some of the classics.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

this one is from the infumus (omg i need to learn from OE) forsed parody "girls just want to have lunch" its true. with subway out they want to eat it cuz..... u know! and just think about no breakfast dinner or lunch. they all want it. just listen to it again.

-ccs, Cup Cake Sugarpie
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Uh, that's "infamous." As in "famous, but not in a good way." Maybe that will help you remember the spelling.

--OE, doing clean-up :)
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I hope the new forum layout supports spell checker.... :stern:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Oh yeah, I knew there was a reason I came to this topic. Didn't know where else to post it. Suspend your reality for a moment. On today's Simpsons rerun, Comic Book Guy came up with a "new" palindrome... "Rise to vote sir!"

Life imitates Al... or something.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!