The Big Al Easter Egg Post!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

In the middle I hear, "We're goin' up the river".
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

In regards to the high-pitched noises just before the hidden song starts... we always presumed it was a gate or something, right? Well, this may sound a little implausible, but maybe it's throat singing instead. Some singers can actually make a high-pitched sound very similar to the one in this file that cody posted.
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

mewrio @ Jul 3 2006, 08:19 PM wrote: In regards to the high-pitched noises just before the hidden song starts... we always presumed it was a gate or something, right? Well, this may sound a little implausible, but maybe it's throat singing instead. Some singers can actually make a high-pitched sound very similar to the one in this file that cody posted.
I think that would be the chainsaw noises or something that was played at full speed. things can really sound weird slowed down 800%. i doubt it was part of the hidden song.
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

When we cannot ask the forest for a moment's shade,
Though every ray of sun cuts like a razorblade
And we cannot ask the river for water,
If she has none!?

These are lyrics from "Tears Of The Earth" by David Hallyday.

You can see the lyrics and listen here, that part of the song is very clearly the same that is in the clip that Cody extracted from Bite Me!
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Um, wow. :blink: I remember the audio that Cody posted, and imagined hearing iit in my head. Aaand imagining it actually makes it sound like what you posted, U62. The mystery must still be confirmed. I think it's time for an ask Bermuda... Anyone offering?

EDIT: WOW. That's all I gotta say. The recording in the original song sounds EXACTLY like in BM. Btw, in Bite Me, when it sounds like the singer is saying "boom boom" it's actually saying "water" and then till the end of the song, is just slowed down... Neat. Now I want an explaination from Al about the clip of "Tears Of The Earth" by David Hallyday.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
NovaGreensocks
Obsessed

Post by NovaGreensocks »

Sounds the same, but as if it's a different version [if that makes any sense].
I mean, the way a few words were sung in the distorted version we got from Bite Me; the actual song now sounds a little bit different in the way they sing it. It's definitely that song, though.
Anata mo watashi mo Polka!
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Wow! That has to be it. They're exactly the same.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

NGS, read my editied post above yours. It sounds like the part in BM where it sounds like "Boom boom" (till the end) is "water" just slowed down. I'm gonna play with Cody's final version and speed that up.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

Here's an interesting fact about David Hallyday. His step-father is Tony Scotti, owner of the Scotti Bros. label.

"Tears of the Earth" was on his album Rock'n'Heart released in April 1991 by Scotti Bros.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000008GCB/

The mothership lists "Bite Me" as being recorded January 27, 1992. The "Off the Deep End" album was released April 1992 by Scotti Bros.
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Wow. Well there we go. Case closed.

Come to think of it, Al and Bermuda probably have no idea about any of this. Since Tony Papa was the one who mixed and engineered the album, it had to be his doing.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;