WE WANT AL! WE WANT AL! WE WANT AL!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! The pre-concert chant! Ya know I love it!

Look, many of us "talk amongst ourselves" and I know for a fact that we are, collectively, down right giddy with thoughts of the Al treats to come this year. That's what this topic is for.

Go ahead. Let all out. What are you most excited about?

I'll start!

Ggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Woo-hoo! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haw! Yeah, baby!

*doin' the Snoopy AND the Halifax dances*

I am most excited about the next live show!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hey, Kim!! I'm excited about AlCon! That is going to polka big time!!! The next live show will also be very cool!! So much to look forward to! A new cd, a new tour, AlCon and let's not forget UHF on DVD!!! Yesss!!

Patti

*joins Kim in doing the Halifax dance*
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

uhm...

Well, I'm looking forward to the new album and to the DVD.

But more to the tourdates. As soon as I know them, I go to my travel agency and book a trip to America to visit a concert (and meet Bermuda).

*hoping that they will be known soon, the tourdates*
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

:lol:

Most excellent topic, Kimba! Wow, where to begin! Um... wow... well, I think for starters, I'll join you in doing both the Snoopy and Halifax Dances, AND the Jurassic Park dance (I haven't told you about that one yet... hehe).

(ahem) Anyway...

It's so hard to pick just one thing above the rest! But, if I had to pick just one thing... I'd probably go for... (here's hoping)... a new tour. I was just thinking about how much I miss the concerts yesterday. I had so many good memories from the last go-around, and I'm really looking forward to the next one.

But, we've already got AlCon III, UHF on DVD, and (crosses fingers) a new ALbum as well. Plus, one other unexpected surprise was the new poster from the American Library association. (If you haven't seen it yet, go to weirdal.com to get the scoop!)

Yeah... 2002 is definately going to polka! Or, as I like to say...

2002: A Weird Al-dyssey

...that's my lame title parody of 2001: A Space Oddysey... but, hey, it fits!

There certainly are many things to look forward to this year!

C-type

[ This Message was edited by: Cartunedude on 2002-01-10 22:59 ]
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

Well, I'm most excited about AlCon. I can't wait to see all the Demented artists that are going to be there like Throwing Toasters and Tony Goldmark. Plus all those superspiffy items on auction. It's going to be doubly cool because it'll be the first time I've ever been to a Con in a different state. :grin:

Other than AlCon, I'm looking forward to the UHF DVD. :smile: I can't wait to see what awesome features are going to be on it and it'll be cool to finally have a copy that I can watch on a computer. :grin:

Also, another thing. I'm looking forward to introducing my 2-month old nephew to Al's music in the near future. I wonder how he'll react to it. I think I shall take him to a concert on the next tour too. :smile:

Karen

[ This Message was edited by: Karen on 2002-01-11 03:43 ]
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Along with a potential new CD and new tour, I'm also looking forward to the probable return of Ask Al. I love the way Al's mind works even when he's just answering a simple question.
Accordion Kid
Occasional

Post by Accordion Kid »

I'm looking forward mainly to a new tour, my family always gets a kick out of the live shows, but naturally AN ALBUM WOULD BE COOL TOO! Hopefully this year isn't just going to polka, it's going to be an all out polka medely!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I'm definitely excited the most about AlCon cause I have that wonderful tingly feeling along with constant thinking about it.

Then UHF on DVD...The extra goodies...oooo...I just need that DVD player....

Then a hopeful new album and tour! I have many people IRL who want to see Al with me on the next tour! :eek: I want to see many concerts!

I can't wait!
WeIrDpSx09

Post by WeIrDpSx09 »

well, i just got "'Weird Al' Yankovic Live" yesterday from my sis in NC,(thanked her many times) watched it, and saw how much effort Al puts in his performaces. That's why i cant wait for the next tour, and an album to accompany it. i accually can wait, but im hoping its at least this summer for the album. :smile:
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Good question!

UHF coming out on DVD-WAY cool.

Potential of a new album-*starts to get overexcited*

Touring-*falls over with an ecstatic look on her face, foaming at the mouth*

Yes...the thing I want most for 2002 (or the thing I'm looking forward to the most for whenever it happens) is the next tour. I can't WAIT! Listening to the albums is wonderful, but it just can't compare to seeing Al and the guys live in concert. RWS may have begun my journeys into fandom, but my first concert was what got me hooked. (Namely, the song Dare To Be Stupid.)

Not to mention the fact that I know of at least three people who are to the "Oh yeah, that Al guy, I like him" stage and who I know will get hooked the second they go see the concerts.

And as long as Al's new tour doesn't go how my dreams told me it did, I'll be happy.

Smegabyte *Al was in a blue spangled dress!!*