What makes you weird?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

ell
Occasional
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by ell »

stardrop wrote:I also love the smell of books. I even own a fragrance bottle of "paperback" scent.
Wow, I guess liking the smell of books isn't too weird :P

Heds
Obsessed
Posts: 1776
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by Heds »

- I have crushes on John Flansburgh and John Linnell. If you've read my tumblr, you would know :P
- I tend to look at supportive messages I've received here to uplift me.
- I'm antisocial. Immediately after school, most of the time I throw myself in my room, aka "the antisocial cage with tablet and phone and telly"
- I actually enjoy watching Sam and Mark's Big Friday Windup. Really uplifts me and puts me in a better mood, and actually holds up my short attention span for one hour.
- Speaking of Sam and Mark, can I just say how pretty Mark Rhodes is :wub:
- I like Jeff Lynne's work. Like, all of it. I find Armchair Theatre a comforting and relaxing album.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Posts: 8250
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:42 am
Awards: All of them.
Location: Squatter's Crog, Australia
Contact:

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by Mystik Tomato »

ell wrote:
LaikaComeHome wrote:I refuse to believe that, EVERYONE is weird. Unless if your lack of weirdness is what makes you weird. ;) :D
Agreed! :) You are on a Weird Al forum, that's a start :P everybody's weird in their own way(s) :)
WOWAY shouldn't believe these sorts of accusations and slander! Fake news! I am a normal guy with normal hobbies and normal interests. Sad!
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.

User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
Posts: 53948
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI
Contact:

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by algonacchick »

Heds wrote:-- I like Jeff Lynne's work. Like, all of it. I find Armchair Theatre a comforting and relaxing album.
It's so refreshing to read that someone so young appreciates a classic rock artist like Jeff Lynne. This may interest you, Heds.

I mentioned way back in June of 2014 that I went to high school with the current bass player for Elton John, and his brother, who plays drums for Ringo Starr's All Starr Band. (They've done more than that, but this is what they're doing now). This was in the "What's Your Lame Claim To Fame" topic. Anyway, their names are Matt Bissonette and Gregg Bissonette, and while I was watching a video of Jeff Lynne's ELO, I saw that they were playing bass and drums! For Jeff Lynne! This was a part-time thing, but it blew me away. Perhaps the thing that makes me weird, (or is just a weird thing that happens) is that sometimes when I do searches for music videos, either Matt or Gregg or both of them show up! It's almost like I'm stalking them, but I'm not. Matt graduated with me in 1979, and Gregg graduated in 1977.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325

ell
Occasional
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by ell »

algonacchick wrote:
Heds wrote:-- I like Jeff Lynne's work. Like, all of it. I find Armchair Theatre a comforting and relaxing album.
It's so refreshing to read that someone so young appreciates a classic rock artist like Jeff Lynne. This may interest you, Heds.

I mentioned way back in June of 2014 that I went to high school with the current bass player for Elton John, and his brother, who plays drums for Ringo Starr's All Starr Band. (They've done more than that, but this is what they're doing now). This was in the "What's Your Lame Claim To Fame" topic. Anyway, their names are Matt Bissonette and Gregg Bissonette, and while I was watching a video of Jeff Lynne's ELO, I saw that they were playing bass and drums! For Jeff Lynne! This was a part-time thing, but it blew me away. Perhaps the thing that makes me weird, (or is just a weird thing that happens) is that sometimes when I do searches for music videos, either Matt or Gregg or both of them show up! It's almost like I'm stalking them, but I'm not. Matt graduated with me in 1979, and Gregg graduated in 1977.
Two things - first of all - I love Lynne! Second of all, you went to high school with Elton John's bassist? I saw him live! He's awesome!

User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
Posts: 53948
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI
Contact:

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by algonacchick »

ell - Yes, I did go to high school with Elton John's bassist. I had a crush on him back then. He still looks good. :inlove: Sadly, I have not seen him play bass with Sir Elton (my birthday twin) or any of the other artists he has played for over the years. Matt has also played for David Lee Roth and Rick Springfield, just to name a few. So proud of him and Gregg.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325

User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by TMBJon »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:Lol I could make a whole topic about how weird I am. Lol
That's... literally what ell did.
So go ahead, tell us!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.

Heds
Obsessed
Posts: 1776
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by Heds »

algonacchick wrote:
Heds wrote:-- I like Jeff Lynne's work. Like, all of it. I find Armchair Theatre a comforting and relaxing album.
It's so refreshing to read that someone so young appreciates a classic rock artist like Jeff Lynne. This may interest you, Heds.

I mentioned way back in June of 2014 that I went to high school with the current bass player for Elton John, and his brother, who plays drums for Ringo Starr's All Starr Band. (They've done more than that, but this is what they're doing now). This was in the "What's Your Lame Claim To Fame" topic. Anyway, their names are Matt Bissonette and Gregg Bissonette, and while I was watching a video of Jeff Lynne's ELO, I saw that they were playing bass and drums! For Jeff Lynne! This was a part-time thing, but it blew me away. Perhaps the thing that makes me weird, (or is just a weird thing that happens) is that sometimes when I do searches for music videos, either Matt or Gregg or both of them show up! It's almost like I'm stalking them, but I'm not. Matt graduated with me in 1979, and Gregg graduated in 1977.
Wow! That's quite impressive. But how you keep stumbling upon them is also quite impressive. :lol: But mind, it's not everyday you see some high school mates play drums and bass for Jeff Lynne. Mr Lynne is surely a musical genius and certainly the Beethoven of our time - it is a shame he is under-appreciated and overlooked for his genius musical work.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Sappho
Obsessed
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by Sappho »

Mystik Tomato wrote: WOWAY shouldn't believe these sorts of accusations and slander! Fake news! I am a normal guy with normal hobbies and normal interests. Sad!
Such a normal guy with normal hobbies and normal interests, that is indeed sad. ;(
Love and peace.

User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
Posts: 53948
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI
Contact:

Re: What makes you weird?

Post by algonacchick »

Heds wrote:Wow! That's quite impressive. But how you keep stumbling upon them is also quite impressive. :lol: But mind, it's not everyday you see some high school mates play drums and bass for Jeff Lynne. Mr Lynne is surely a musical genius and certainly the Beethoven of our time - it is a shame he is under-appreciated and overlooked for his genius musical work.
There is a DVD available of a concert Matt and Gregg played on with Jeff Lynne's ELO. It's from the Zoom tour. I'd say that was pretty cool. Jeff Lynne certainly is a talented man, and it's great that he is still out there rockin'. As far as finding my schoolmates in music videos, I found out that Matt was in a Beatles cover band while doing a search for Beatles songs. Pretty cool find.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325

Post Reply