Gifts for Al and his family

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

catladyleeann
Regular

Gifts for Al and his family

Post by catladyleeann »

I'm still hoping to meet WAY Friday night. I plan to wait by his bus in hopes that he will come out and sign my arm. I have some t-shirts for him, Suzanne and Nina from the Environmental Studies Center, where I work. If I don't get a chance to personally give them to him, what's the next best way to get them into his hands?

Thanks for any ideas :great:
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Heds
Obsessed

Re: Gifts for Al and his family

Post by Heds »

catladyleeann wrote:I'm still hoping to meet WAY Friday night. I plan to wait by his bus in hopes that he will come out and sign my arm. I have some t-shirts for him, Suzanne and Nina from the Environmental Studies Center, where I work. If I don't get a chance to personally give them to him, what's the next best way to get them into his hands?

Thanks for any ideas :great:
Leeann, you seem like you're getting your hopes up too much despite knowing that you most likely will not meet him. You'll have a great chance of meeting the band however, as many other members have said - you can tell them to give the shirts to Al and his family and they will give it to them.

I have never been any close to meeting Al however so I don't know, somebody else would be able to help as I have never met Al. I wish I could :(
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thanks for that tip. If I can't meet him, I will give the gifts to one of the band members. However, I'm nothing if not a very positive thinker. Since I've had several people say to wait by his bus for a chance to meet him , that's what I will do. If it doesn't happen, I will have given it my best shot and I'm sure to meet a lot of new friends while I'm waiting. You see, like Al, I'm a Scorpio, and we never quit until all avenues have been exhausted. I am thinking most positive thoughts that I will meet him Friday, and that you will meet him the next time you go to one of his concerts.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

By the time Al comes out the band is usually on the bus, that way when he is done signing they shut the doors and drive off

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

You mean from the VIP group?
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

catladyleeann wrote:You mean from the VIP group?
I'm sure that's what Minnick means.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Plus, I feel awful not giving the band shirts as well, but I could only afford so many this time around.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

That makes sense. Well, if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be. I'm going to start saving now so that next time, I'll be able to do the whole Czar experience!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Not the VIP. When Al is doing that the band mingles. If Al does a signing outside he sits on the bus steps. Most of the the time the band is already on the bus by the time he gets there

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thank you, minnick 27, for clarifying that. Tell me, in your experience, does he often do a signing outside, or is it a rare occasion? I'm just sick that I couldn't afford VIP Czar tickets, because I won't be able to see him again until his 2018 tour. I'm a very patient person, and I don't mind standing outside, even in a thunderstorm, if it means that I can thank him for changing my life and get him to sign my arm.