NECA Action Figures

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: NECA Action Figures

Post by anthontherun »

*2016 Anth time travels back to 1997*

1997 ANTH: Who are you?
2016 ANTH: I'm you, 19 years from now.
1997 ANTH: Are you here to give me some advice? Something I need to do to set some future, life-changing event into motion?
2016 ANTH: No, I'm here for something much more important.
1997 ANTH: What's that?
2016 ANTH: I'm here to tell you that, in 2016, Weird Al action figures are finally going to be a reality.

*1997 Anth gets so excited he has a heart attack and dies, sending the entire time-space continuum into jeopardy because this conversation could never have happened because 2016 Anth never existed OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE*
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

anthontherun wrote:*1997 Anth gets so excited he has a heart attack and dies, sending the entire time-space continuum into jeopardy because this conversation could never have happened because 2016 Anth never existed OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE*
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

I'd like to see some of the iconic "album" versions of Al: pinstripe suit & Coolio hair from BHD, SOL gangsta Al with goatee & Lynwood jacket, MF Al with hair pulled back & military uniform. Also some clothes: would really like to see those "rainbow" striped "velvet" pants from the early days, an ALTV T-shirt. Just some thoughts.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

The most important one to make is the Yankosaurus from the inside of the Alapalooza booklet.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

if the first figure at least will have removable clothing, I wonder if anybody will take pictures with it recreating the "Smells Like Nirvanna" cover.

When it comes to album cover variants that weren't done in music videos, I'd like to see a "Sting Al" from the "King of Suede" single cover.

It would be cook if we could also get figures of the band, but that's probably not as likely.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

weird user wrote:if the first figure at least will have removable clothing, I wonder if anybody will take pictures with it recreating the "Smells Like Nirvanna" cover.
I'm also wanting to recreate the Breathe parody from the VH1 Music Awards in '99. His innocent smile in the modern version's head actually looks quite like the smile he had had while doing it, so it will look quite look.
Let's hope they add chesthair so it actually looks realistic. NECA should know the Al fans will do recreations and that's that.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Available for pre-order. Ships in May.

Considering the discussion here, I find it amusing that they describe it as clothed. :P
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

bizarreblair wrote:I'd like to see some of the iconic "album" versions of Al: pinstripe suit & Coolio hair from BHD, SOL gangsta Al with goatee & Lynwood jacket, MF Al with hair pulled back & military uniform. Also some clothes: would really like to see those "rainbow" striped "velvet" pants from the early days, an ALTV T-shirt. Just some thoughts.
I would almost rather see this than the video versions of Al. I have to wonder how they are going to handle the versions of Al from the MF videos. I'd be interested to see Tacky/Foil/Handy/Robin Thicke versions of Al.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Jigawatt wrote:Available for pre-order. Ships in May.

Considering the discussion here, I find it amusing that they describe it as clothed. :P
8 inches...perfect. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

$27.99, eh?? I see you, NECA.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Of course, with this thing having interchangeable heads, that means there will always be at least one disembodied Al head lying around your house.... :zipper:
Love and peace.