Wish List

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Wish List

Post by yankochick38 »

It's that time of year for wishing for things! There seems to be quite a few things that people wish Al and Yank-Co. would do, so I've compiled a list of my own wishes here to start off this topic of wishes. What do YOU wish for? It could be anything!

From the possibly doable:

*My Own Eyes on next leg
*For any venue(s) in New Mexico to accept him into their lineup next year after I bug them about it forever
*Al to post a selfie within the next week or so

To the more impractical/unrealistic:

*Al does a one night only show with They Might Be Giants that they sell tickets for and is also livestreamed to those who can't make it, like the show he did with The Pixies a while back
*Al produces a musical sit-com for Seeso, like something along the lines of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend but with more accordion
*For Al to tell me with his own mouth/fingers whether or not he has seen the WOWAY Awards so I can stop having ridiculous anxiety about dumb things I did that he might have seen and then if he has actually watched then I can continue feeling embarrassed for my own selfish reasons

Do you share any of my wishes? Do you completely disagree? What do YOU wish Al and Yank-Co. would do to please your own selfish desires? Post about them here! You can also come back and cross off any wish that comes true! You never know.... :santa:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
IFoundMyYankochicks
Die-hard Fan

Re: Wish List

Post by IFoundMyYankochicks »

Well, I REALLY want to meet Al, so I made a compromise with my mom. both me and my sister have told my mom not to give us any Christmas presents. We only want one thing. The reason is, if we buy tickets for the next leg of the tour, I want to get the Mandatory Czar tickets. However, it's about 1000 something dollars for 3 tickets, so we've decided to save money for it! So my wish is that we do get the tickets, and we do get to meet him.
Concerts Attended: The Masonic (San Fransisco) 8/29/15

Al is our supreme lord
aLuMiNaTi
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

My wish is for Al to release a single soon.
And Peggy
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

My wish is that Al finally gets a cameo in the new Star Wars movie that he most definitely deserves!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

I wish European venues would suddenly all wish him to play and he came somewhere close, cheap and easy to travel to, like Poland or something.

I also share Big Spoon's wish for a new song.

I wish he had a role in a live-action movie, and not a pity cameo, but at least a supporting character.
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

mellow weasel wrote:
I wish he had a role in a live-action movie, and not a pity cameo, but at least a supporting character.
You got me thinking.......It would be so great if they made a REAL movie about Al. He's really inspired me because he was a nerd before it was cool and he got beat up and bullied for it. Plus he was so young in school that the kids really picked on him.
There's lots of movies about the underdog making good but that's Al's REAL LIFE. He became a success and found true love. He created a career all on his own, he didn't audition and get the part, he created the part!
And what a soundtrack!!!!!!!!!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

I don't think his life has enough dramma/action for a movie :F . His life is rather mundane for a celebrity. I agree that his life story is inspiring - and the inspiring part is how stable and dramma-free his climb to success was, which is extremely rare and shows his wisdom and determination, but it's also not something that's entertaining on screen.
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

You might be right. I really enjoyed the Behind the Music and the Driven bios about him. I also really enjoyed The Making of Straight Outta Lynwood and the making of singles like Amish Paradise and White and Nerdy. But maybe I like them because I really like documentaries.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

-Off the Deep End re-released on vinyl. and maybe some of the other albums not ever available on vinyl being available on vinyl for the first time.
-more radioshack commercials.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Just earlier today I was thinking about how I wished he would do another RadioShack commercial this holiday season.
And Peggy