Which song do you think Al sounds most vocally talented

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Which song do you think Al sounds most vocally talented

Post by Yankomaniac »

He really hits some wicked high notes on Wanna B Ur Lovr. One More Minute is a stand out track for me when it comes to vocals, and You Don't Love Me Anymore. Frank's 2000" TV is another one that I can never get tired of vocally, back ups too. Like the vocals on pretty much everything though, seeing as they've done everything.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

mellow weasel wrote:
KatrinatheGood wrote:You much show me his work that I maybe enlightened. I'm all for new to me artists.
This is my favourite :D
Your right! His is pretty darn good. Some clever, laugh out loud sounds as well. Thanks for sharing.
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

mellow weasel wrote:I'd use a video of acoustic medley. It really reveals a beauty and range of Al's voice and it's live performance, so there's no editing or effects.

OMG YES. How could I forget about those?!!

That acoustic "Eat It"... his voice was so pure and clean and GORGEOUS.
Yup. wrote:Although I'm not particularly fond of Mission Statement as a song, I think Al's voice with harmonies sounds incredible in that song.

Mission Statement grew on me VERY VERY quickly- like, the first time I heard those harmonies! Knocked me out. <3 I'm hooked on that one, now.

GOTTA agree with the mention of "Inactive"- I fell headlong into a trance when I heard that because I'd never heard his voice so dreamy, so soft and slow. Something about the way he sings that one... believe it or not, I wasn't just speechless, I was MOTIONLESS. XD THAT is how hard he rocked my ears with his voice and how he can WORK it to whatever a song or harmony calls for. :inlove:
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

I like this catagory. There are so many. I like his voice in Ebay, TMZ, Do I Creep You Out, CIA and I've recently noticed how great he sounds in Tacky.
His voice has definitely improved over time, so I love checking out live footage to hear him sing older songs.
I watched LIVE 1999 and when he sings Smells Like Nirvana his voice is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! (When he sings it now I think it's too gruff.)
I'm going to pay more attention to his singing from here on out.
.....and I do love Mission Statement and Craig's List.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Craig's List. :lol:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Pancreas is my vote. Those harmonies are perfect
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

He hits a couple of different octaves in Virus Alert. He's more smoky in Pentiums. He's alarmingly emotive in Germs ("I rub and scrub until my flesh is raw and bleeding..!"). He's just amazing and he pulls you in emotionally in every character and every song he does.
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
memphiselle1

Post by memphiselle1 »

Ones that stand out for me personally are The Saga Begins, Mission Statement, Syndicated Inc, Skipper Dan, and Good Old Days. I find Al's voice very soothing. It's therapeutic for me. :wub:
"Not too stupid… just stupid enough."
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I just love Germs. When you listen to it you hear a kind of "worried" touch to his voice and that's just what makes it so realistic.
For a then-40 year old, some of those notes would be hard to reach with such a deep voice.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Song Dust
Occasional

Post by Song Dust »

I absolutely adore his voice in 'Callin' In Sick'. The whole song screams how versatile his voice is. The last line especially gives me goosebumps! Also in 'EBay' when he holds the long note after 'I'm highest bidder' is amazing! I remember when he sang it live and I remember thinking how awesome he is voice is. I look forward to that part of the song every time I put it on.

I think Al generally has an amazing voice which, sadly, is very underrated. His whole catalogue of songs displays how he can sing just about anything. The man is a talent!
4/10/15 ~ First concert and meeting Al! <3