Yankochick Central

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Re: Yankochick Central

Post by LaikaComeHome »

He does not look a day over 34! ^_^ <3 Lovely pictures, Capybara! I love the last one!

(sorry for the crappy quality glurgh)
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Webkinz38824
Obsessed
Awards: Please do not judge me for the stupid things I did in the past. I understand how much of a moron I was.

Post by Webkinz38824 »

Last edited by Webkinz38824 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most of my comments will be edited out. When I was a part of this forum, I was an idiot. I did many stupid things. I'll say it- I was a moron. I hope you guys understand. I PK love you.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Anyone else think Animated!Al in the Party in the CIA video looks adorbs? Seriously he looks like Professor Untonium!

Seriously what a babe.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Ha yeah that animated Al is so cute, he's so gung-ho about the whole CIA thing it's kind of adorable. :lol: But I always feel so bad seeing them cut off all his hair! :(W
Love and peace.
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

BECAUSE THIS WILL NEVER STOP BEING ADORBABLE

Youtube
Love and peace.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

^ I love how when they tell Al he's handsome and he just smiles and shrugs like "M'kay." <3
Got some goodies for you folks:
This one nearly killed me:
--
Sappho
Obsessed

Post by Sappho »

LaikaComeHome wrote:^ I love how when they tell Al he's handsome and he just smiles and shrugs like "M'kay." <3
Yeah that would be my favorite moment there - I love Al from that time, he's suddenly being called handsome (because now that people can actually see his face they can tell) and he doesn't quite know how to handle it yet so he gets adorably shy. <3

And I love the pictures, I like how he pulls up his feet on the couch. ^_^
Love and peace.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

You know what's fun? Listening to the parts where Weird Al is interviewing Mariah Carey and pretending he’s talking to you (”YOU LOOK PRETTY! MORE THAN PRETTY, YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!”). As long as you kindly disregard the later part where he gives her a cup of monkey spit. :D
--
Edradour

Post by Edradour »

Sappho wrote:What I love about this Pixies performance is that it's so different from what he usually does. No jokes, funny business, or even cheerfulness. It's a side of him we barely ever get to see and that makes it all the more powerful. Al is such an amazing performer, when he does his own stuff he's pretty much blasting you with cheer every second. And then to see that same intensity tuned and focused through something darker... Just incredible. Every time I watch this performance it leaves me almost literally breathless.
:great: Thanks for expressing it so eloquently!

At first it puzzled me that the reception from the audience was comparatively lacklustre, but then I realized it was down to expectations. Had that performance come from practically any other singer, it would have been taken on its own merits, but since it came from Weird Al who's guaranteed to make us all laugh...

Wonder what the audience response would have been had he come on masked/heavily disguised and under some anonymous name, and only revealed his true identity after the song's end!
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Post by Capybara »

I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.