Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

offbeatbryce
Occasional
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:48 am

Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by offbeatbryce »

almost half the musicians on twitter follow their fans back? I wonder why Al doesn't.

User avatar
mellow weasel
Obsessed
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Lithuania (Europe)

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by mellow weasel »

offbeatbryce wrote:almost half the musicians on twitter follow their fans back? I wonder why Al doesn't.
Oh c'mon, would you want to follow a bunch of strangers that aren't really that interesting? Maybe those musicians who follow everybody don't read their twitter, so it's no difference to them, but Al actually wants it to be interesting. I totally get it. He seems to check the tweets mentioning him, because he often favourites those kind of tweets from random people.

User avatar
TonyBanks74
Occasional
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:13 pm
Location: Spatula City

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by TonyBanks74 »

I personally don't know any musician who follows his/her fans back (it could be, I don't really know). I also think it must be quite annoying to follow millions of people, as you would have millions and millions of tweets you don't necessary care about. However, it seems he reads very often tweets where he's mentioned.
Extended warranty? How can I lose?

User avatar
remmy
Regular
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:10 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by remmy »

No celebrity I follow has ever followed me back on Twitter, and I wouldn't expect them to.

offbeatbryce
Occasional
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:48 am

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by offbeatbryce »

TonyBanks74 wrote:I personally don't know any musician who follows his/her fans back (it could be, I don't really know). I also think it must be quite annoying to follow millions of people, as you would have millions and millions of tweets you don't necessary care about. However, it seems he reads very often tweets where he's mentioned.
lots of musicians follow over 1,000 of their fans. They even do follow sprees where they tweet "Who wants a follow back? Tweet me?"

User avatar
TonyBanks74
Occasional
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:13 pm
Location: Spatula City

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by TonyBanks74 »

Whatever, I don't see any interest in following someone back. If you're gonna follow someone, it's your choice, as well as it's the other's choice to follow you back or not
Extended warranty? How can I lose?

User avatar
mellow weasel
Obsessed
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Lithuania (Europe)

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by mellow weasel »

offbeatbryce wrote:lots of musicians follow over 1,000 of their fans. They even do follow sprees where they tweet "Who wants a follow back? Tweet me?"
I'm pretty sure they don't read their tweets. Other than lame clame to fame those fans still get zero interaction. You probably have better chances of Al retweeting you despite not following you than with those following you.

FreedomHaul
Occasional
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by FreedomHaul »

mellow weasel wrote:
offbeatbryce wrote:lots of musicians follow over 1,000 of their fans. They even do follow sprees where they tweet "Who wants a follow back? Tweet me?"
I'm pretty sure they don't read their tweets. Other than lame clame to fame those fans still get zero interaction. You probably have better chances of Al retweeting you despite not following you than with those following you.
My guess would be that those sorts of sprees are planned/run by marketing folks for publicity reasons.

Following that idea out, does Al check/run his own Twitter account? I'm not on Twitter...

User avatar
mellow weasel
Obsessed
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Lithuania (Europe)

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by mellow weasel »

FreedomHaul wrote:Following that idea out, does Al check/run his own Twitter account? I'm not on Twitter...
Yes, he does, and his tweets are usually hilarious :D . Even if you're not registered, I really recomend you to check his twitter once in a while. You don't need to be registered to see it, or at least you didn't need a couple of years ago.

User avatar
KatrinatheGood
Addicted
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 9:19 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Why doesn't Al follow fans back on Twitter?

Post by KatrinatheGood »

I agree with what everyone is saying. Mr. Yankovic enjoys Twitter it seems and is still able to interact with his fans as he will, without bogging down his Timeline. Also, some people take their social media pages way to seriously. If they do t get a follow back or blocked for whatever reason they get angry and bash said celebrity. Foolish drama is what it all is. Following, unfollowing, and all that jazz does not validate a person. Just enjoy your social media experience for what it is. A small window into other people lives. It can be fun and great people can be interacted with. Have a good day. *End Ramble*

Post Reply