Jon Iverson

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Jon Iverson

Post by TMBJon »

This was posted in the Unreleased Songs subforum:
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2014/07/25 ... ovics.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone ever heard of Al's roommate, Jon Iverson, before? I've certainly heard all about Joel Miller and Joe Earley's collaborations with Al (in the band Mindless Pap and otherwise), but I have not once heard the name Jon Iverson before. Has anyone else? Is this guy full of it, or is he telling the truth that he co-wrote My Bologna and all of these other early classics and also helped Al develop the whole concept of his career, and yet he has never once been mentioned in any interview?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: Jon Iverson

Post by mrmeadows »

Never heard of him, but I want those recordings.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Just noticed this on weirdal.com:
Jon Iverson - guitar & vocals
Recorded "Take Me Down", Al's first-ever release on vinyl, and also appeared live with Al at various shows at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

From The Demented Music Database:

"Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung (guitar version) - recorded spring 1979 by Jon Iverson; also features Jon Iverson on acoustic guitar; first aired on KMET June 17, 1979"
"You Don't Take Your Showers - parody of "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" by Barbra Streisand & Neil Diamond; recorded spring 1979 by Jon Iverson; submitted on same tape as above; first aired on KMET June 17, 1979"
"the "food" medley

This has been a staple of Al's live act since at least 1979. The initial concept was developed in collaboration with Jon Iverson."