What is your lame claim to fame?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby algonacchick » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi! :w I know I've been away for a while. I thought I'd pop in and see what's up. I have a lame claim to fame for you that is pretty cool, yet weird at the same time. I talked to Al while he was on a pay phone at LAX during the Alpocalypse tour. He tweeted a phone number to call, and after many tries, I finally got through! We talked about the tour, my famous Weird Al cookies, and the Craigslist pants. He said he could probably eat the cookies, since he had lost enough weight to fit into the Craigslist pants. I think I was able to meet him after a show that tour, to give him the cookies. Anyway, it was a pretty cool, yet interesting conversation.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
 
Posts: 53944
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby Big Spoon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:25 pm

I love that story. "Oh, Patti Patti."
And Peggy
User avatar
Big Spoon
Welp.
 
Posts: 28049
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby algonacchick » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Big Spoon wrote:I love that story. "Oh, Patti Patti."


:lol:

That was so great! Thanks for reminding me. I have memory loss issues sometimes.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
 
Posts: 53944
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby algonacchick » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:19 pm

For those who don't know the story behind my signature, I will count it as a lame claim to fame. I am in a band called Problem Child with my hubby and two friends. I sing and play the flute. I have posted about us on FB and twitter. Well, I met Al after a show on the Alpocalypse tour, and as we were talking, he said those four magic words in my sig. I could not believe it! That means he pays attention to what I post on social media. After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I thanked him for asking. As for what's happening with the band now, we are on hiatus, because our bass player is in Florida. When we do get a chance, we practice on Sunday nights. Anyway, I thought that it was pretty cool of Al to ask about my band.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
 
Posts: 53944
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby ell » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:21 pm

algonacchick wrote:For those who don't know the story behind my signature, I will count it as a lame claim to fame. I am in a band called Problem Child with my hubby and two friends. I sing and play the flute. I have posted about us on FB and twitter. Well, I met Al after a show on the Alpocalypse tour, and as we were talking, he said those four magic words in my sig. I could not believe it! That means he pays attention to what I post on social media. After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I thanked him for asking. As for what's happening with the band now, we are on hiatus, because our bass player is in Florida. When we do get a chance, we practice on Sunday nights. Anyway, I thought that it was pretty cool of Al to ask about my band.

Never knew, Patti! :)
ell
Occasional
 
Posts: 68
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby algonacchick » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Yeah, I thought I'd post about it, since there are new people (like yourself) here since the last time I was here.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
 
Posts: 53944
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby ell » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:32 pm

algonacchick wrote:Yeah, I thought I'd post about it, since there are new people (like yourself) here since the last time I was here.

Yup. I checked out this forum regularly when you were still on (the first period of you being on) but didn't make an account :P
ell
Occasional
 
Posts: 68
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby Yankopunk » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:01 am

algonacchick wrote: :lol:

That was so great! Thanks for reminding me. I have memory loss issues sometimes.


I have memory issues sometimes, too. People with memory issues unite! And... what was I going to say? :lol:

Is there anything from your band available to see or listen to?
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
User avatar
Yankopunk
Addicted
 
Posts: 657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:26 am
Location: Channel 62

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby algonacchick » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:21 am

I have a Tindeck page for us. These sound files are from practice sessions. Now listening to one of my favorite jams, our version of "Crossroads." Hubby wails.

Problem Child
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
 
Posts: 53944
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Postby Yankopunk » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:14 am

algonacchick wrote:I have a Tindeck page for us. These sound files are from practice sessions. Now listening to one of my favorite jams, our version of "Crossroads." Hubby wails.

Problem Child


Listening to some of these and loving them! :D
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
User avatar
Yankopunk
Addicted
 
Posts: 657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:26 am
Location: Channel 62

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron