What is your lame claim to fame?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed

Re: What is your lame claim to fame?

Post by Heds »

Scott Aukerman liked and replied to my tweet thanking him for CBBTV. Never have I been this happy since I got both of the van Tulleken twins to respond! :whoot:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Awesome!
He, like Al, is very grateful for his fans and is always touched to hear that his show helps people get through tough times in their life.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

He's liked a few of my tweets as well. He seems nice, though I'm still having a bit of trouble discerning the real Scott from the smarmy version of himself he plays on CBB. -_-
Love and peace.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Sappho wrote:He seems nice, though I'm still having a bit of trouble discerning the real Scott from the smarmy version of himself he plays on CBB. -_-
Let's be honest - he is so different and down to earth in real life compared to his CBBTV self. In CBBTV he's rather virile, easy to anger and impatient while in real life he's the complete opposite. But it's all in the name of good humour while having a lot of fun. :lol:
aaaa

//heds

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote:Let's be honest - he is so different and down to earth in real life compared to his CBBTV self. In CBBTV he's rather virile, easy to anger and impatient while in real life he's the complete opposite.
How would you know this? :think:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

TMBJon wrote:
Heds wrote:Let's be honest - he is so different and down to earth in real life compared to his CBBTV self. In CBBTV he's rather virile, easy to anger and impatient while in real life he's the complete opposite.
How would you know this? :think:
Well, I've seen him on the podcast and in interviews and all that. How, is he exactly the same guy he is in CBBTV? You've worked with him, you would know. :lol:

Look, look. I've even went into the rough details as to how that was accurate:
virile: crazy for the ladies (I know I may have just made a massive word crime using this word as it might refer to women but who gives a crap about grammar these days) and is massively strong as he's been through some tough stuff throughout the series.

easy to anger: CBBTV universe Scott is CRAZY. Like, tell him anything he'd find bad = immediate temper tantrum of some sort. I'm surprised there wasn't a "swear box for Scott made by the crew" canon in the series - let's pray New Comedy Bang! Bang! gets it.

Impatient: Quite obvious if you watch it - Scott is a very gullible person while waiting.

---
In real life/outside of CBBTV:

Definitely wonderful. He is a mountain of memories and will remember anything. He has talked about so, so much over the last few years and when not improvising is such a different man, even on the CBB podcast, he simply just acts that way. Completely down to earth man who definitely has a bright future ahead of him.

So... :F
aaaa

//heds

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

One of my reddit posts made it to the front page. I think this is the second time it has happened to me.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I ate a Sainsbury's-brand Chicken, Pork and Sage and Onion Stuffing sandwich on a coach while passing by a Sainsbury's distribution centre near London possibly somewhere on the M1. Getting my teacher to dish it out of my bag for me was the best decision ever.
aaaa

//heds

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Heds wrote:I ate a Sainsbury's-brand Chicken, Pork and Sage and Onion Stuffing sandwich on a coach while passing by a Sainsbury's distribution centre near London possibly somewhere on the M1. Getting my teacher to dish it out of my bag for me was the best decision ever.
I don't see how that is a LCTF, but whatever...
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

a relatively popular YouTube LPer (Zack Scott) bought my book and posted about it on Twitter.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22