Ignorant and Generally Misguided Internet Comments about Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Ignorant and Generally Misguided Internet Comments about

Post by mellow weasel »

Well, Well, Well wrote:I don't think misinformed or uninformed comments should be met with such anger. When I first started here I thought "germs" was a parody and I really had no idea that Al recorded style parodies instead of just original songs. There's still some of his 80s songs that I don't know anything about.

I think potential new fans should be treated with respect and not met with blatant elitism. Rude or intentionally coarse comments on the other hand should just be ignored. Also we don't need a Thread that comments on other comments. Read a book guys.
Personally I try not to meet misinformed comments with anger and try to politely correct them. But sometimes people talk about it as if they knew what's what despite having no idea, and that really grinds my gears. Like this guy at 0:56 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kihBY6lg_U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. :angry:
Last edited by mellow weasel on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

"The dude doesnt do anything original. I did see this one thing from him that was original that was funny"
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I found that video when I was trying to find tacky the day it come out since weirdal.com was not loading on my phone. I listened to about a minute of that horribly mis-informed human. How can you review something you have absolutely no idea about. watching it just made me mad
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
FreeDeliveryFan
Occasional

Post by FreeDeliveryFan »

"The guy is an 80's washup" <_<
"Near...far...I'll Jump In My Car!"
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

If you need some cheering up, then imagine the hateful/ignorant comments ("he's an 80s washup") coming from a Galaxy Quest-esque "insults to a celebrity overheard by the celebrity in the bathroom" scene at the beginning of a new Weird Al movie, setting up Weird Al's character arc of proving them wrong.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

As much as they grate my mortal soul, I appreciate comments like this because it means Al is relevant. If everyone who commented on him had a full understanding of what he does, that would mean that there weren't very many people commenting on him. The fact that these comments exist mean that he is being exposed to new audiences, which is the only way to create new fans. (For example, you can see a lot of derision on the Pixies FB post, but you can also see a few new Al fans being born.) These clueless haters won't be thinking about Al tomorrow, so we shouldn't be thinking about them today.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

What do you think of this Facebook comment in response to the Lame Claim to Fame video?

"There seems to be a trend going here - put down the average person - calling him "tacky," "douchy" and "lame." I'm glad you are still hanging on to your "fame" but really, it's because of your loyal fans, as dorky and stupid and uneducated as we-all are. How about a video thanking them?"
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Good Enough For Now wrote:What do you think of this Facebook comment in response to the Lame Claim to Fame video?

"There seems to be a trend going here - put down the average person - calling him "tacky," "douchy" and "lame." I'm glad you are still hanging on to your "fame" but really, it's because of your loyal fans, as dorky and stupid and uneducated as we-all are. How about a video thanking them?"
LOL, if that's the average person whom he calls tacky, douchey and lame, I've never met an average person :lol:
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Good Enough For Now wrote:What do you think of this Facebook comment in response to the Lame Claim to Fame video?

I'm guessing somebody spilled banana latté on that Ed Hardy shirt he borrowed from his buddy who went to school with Justin Bieber's cousin while he was watching Al's videos and took things a little too personally.
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

Anything Bruce the Shmuck used to say.
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha