Ignorant and Generally Misguided Internet Comments about Al

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: Ignorant and Generally Misguided Internet Comments about

Post by algonacchick »

Wow, really? I think it counts. So, he would post the same scathing review on more than one album, eh? Brilliant. :rolleyes:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

The exact same one, except for the title which proved he owned a thesaurus and could pick out variations on 'terrible'. I just feel like that's one heck of a length to go to over someone you apparently 'despise'. :rolleyes:
terpsichore
Occasional

Post by terpsichore »

The Lilac Pilgrim wrote:The exact same one, except for the title which proved he owned a thesaurus and could pick out variations on 'terrible'. I just feel like that's one heck of a length to go to over someone you apparently 'despise'. :rolleyes:
i agree; what a waste of energy and time! i don't really get the point of writing critical /negative reviews in the first place. if i don't like something, i'll just turn it off and go on to something i do like. tbh it doesn't even occur to me to hit the "thumbs down" on youtube videos.
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

I don't know; I totally understand and appreciate critical reviews, because they put the other side across to people who might not be sure if they want to try something out. It's unnecessarily mean and rude reviews I don't get, especially when it's hugely subjective. Like... okay, you think it sucks. Why do you think that? To me "I hate Weird Al because I don't like parody music therefore you shouldn't either" isn't a helpful review. =/
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I agree. I don't mind negative reviews if they're thought out and the person just genuinely doesn't like what he or she is reviewing. I get that people are going to disagree, and not everyone is going to like everything. I don't like nasty negative reviews that don't seem to have any thought process behind them other than insulting the person/business they are reviewing. If someone doesn't like Al, that's fine. But people should at least be constructive with their reviews and explain what it is they don't like.
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

I love how some people comment on MJ eat it parody video "never make fun of Mj he would hate this." Lol they need to read weird Al's bio etc to know he got permission.
harryhenry

Post by harryhenry »

In terms of "Ignorant and Generally Misguided Internet Comments about Al", I might have found the best (or rather, worst) example of this, from Thought Catalog:
http://thoughtcatalog.com/wayne-wax/201 ... e-stomach/
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

harryhenry wrote:In terms of "Ignorant and Generally Misguided Internet Comments about Al", I might have found the best (or rather, worst) example of this, from Thought Catalog:
Wow. "I know nothing about it, but I hate it, and that's why I refuse to know anything about it". Vulcan logic...
rockingtheaccordion
Occasional

Post by rockingtheaccordion »

harryhenry wrote:In terms of "Ignorant and Generally Misguided Internet Comments about Al", I might have found the best (or rather, worst) example of this, from Thought Catalog:
I applaud the people in the comment section for telling off this self loathing jerk. I barely got through it without wanting to punch him in the stomach before making sure he never procreates. I'd just hate to see this awful person be a father my parents were like this they hated Al so this article really hurt me that people still think like this.
I am a dreamer who took the first step and I haven't looked back ever since.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

If Weird Al makes you laugh, if he brightens your day, you should kill yourself.
This guy is a first-rate a-hole. What a tool.