Correctly Guessing Al Parodies

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Correctly Guessing Al Parodies

Post by Teh Dingo »

I gotta say though....no one could have ever seen Whatever You Like being a Whatever You Like parody coming.....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I think we're only able to accurately guess what a parody will be only after we see the title show up on the album tracklist for the first time. To guess Al's concepts before even that is such a long shot it's near impossible.

The closest I've ever came was just correctly guessing which artists Al would parody without any real consideration of which song of theirs he would do. in the years between SOL and Alpocalypse (particularly after Internet Leaks came out) I was thinking a lot about what it would be like if Al ended up parodying Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus on his next album (as I'm sure we all were).

Then, I kind of backpedaled on those guesses once Alpocalypse was released figuring that Al might've been more inclined to stick with male parodies to better suit his vocal range and that if he were still going by the Internet Leaks model, he'd have picked songs that came out closer to 2010/2011 to parody. Once the tracklist surfaced, something told me my initial gut instincts turned out to be correct there.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Guessing Al's concepts aren't impossible. Luke Ski performed his own version of "Gump" a day before BHD came out. He didn't know about Al's parody at the time. And Al has said with the internet so accessible to everyone, he will never be the first to come up with a parody idea anymore. So chances are good that some obscure YouTuber with like 27 followers already has come up with the same idea as Al.

Dave
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

I actually seem to be pretty good at guessing either the subject matters or the parody titles. When TI made Whatever You Like I knew Al was going to parody it because of how many times it was on the radio and also went through a bunch a rhyme ideas for Like and couldn't really find anything that would fit so I said to my friend "Al's parody is going to have the same title as the original just with different lyrics and probably about a girl who is offered stuff about food and it will be political" I was totally right when it came out. I also somehow new Al was taking Avril Lavigne complicated and would have verses about constipated and decapitated. I think I just have a similar mind as Al and can guess these things.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

bryce87 wrote:I actually seem to be pretty good at guessing either the subject matters or the parody titles. When TI made Whatever You Like I knew Al was going to parody it because of how many times it was on the radio and also went through a bunch a rhyme ideas for Like and couldn't really find anything that would fit so I said to my friend "Al's parody is going to have the same title as the original just with different lyrics and probably about a girl who is offered stuff about food and it will be political" I was totally right when it came out. I also somehow new Al was taking Avril Lavigne complicated and would have verses about constipated and decapitated. I think I just have a similar mind as Al and can guess these things.
Okay, let's hear your ideas for the Fancy parody, brah... :magic:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

Might it be possible Fancy is still called Fancy just with new lyrics about crazy things that make Al or general population Fancy? Like trends in pop culture. Such as being Fancy for wearing technology like smart watches etc. It almost seems like with the way Al makes parodies he is always topical or tries to be at least. Could be called Trendy or something like that as well. That's just my guess.
mallen

Post by mallen »

Fun idea... I always have my own ideas for parodies, but Al's always seem much better.