THE KENNEDY CENTER WANTS TO KNOW!!!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

CHECK OUT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE - THEY ARE ASKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 2014 - RECOMMEND "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC :D

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/ ... istory.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Submit a Kennedy Center Honors Recommendation

The Kennedy Center Honors provide recognition to living individuals who throughout their lifetimes have made significant contributions to American culture through the performing arts. The primary criterion is excellence, and artistic achievement in dance, music, theater, opera, motion pictures, and television is considered.

Recommendations are now being accepted for the 2014 Kennedy Center Honors. Please use the fields below to submit a recommendation.

Your First Name: Your Last Name: Your Email Address: Artist First Name: Artist Last Name: Why did you suggest this person?:

Thank you for your Kennedy Center Honors recommendation. You have submitted "Weird Al" Yankovic for consideration. Your recommendation will be sent to the Special Honors Advisory Committee. All eligible names will be reviewed by the committee. The Honors recipients are typically announced in early September. For more information about the Kennedy Center Honors please visit us on the web at http://www.kennedy-center.org/honors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Thank you again for your interest in the Kennedy Center Honors.
Last edited by Yankovic-Gretzky on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: THE KENNEDY CENTER WANTS TO KNOW!!!

Post by TMBJon »

Of all the awards - Walk of Fame star, Rock Hall induction, etc - this is by far the least likely that Al will ever receive! I sure hope it happens, but I'm not holding my breath. That is, unless Mandatory Fun is really smurfin' good!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

The ceremonies are held sometime during the first two weeks of December every year. Al has to keep the first two weeks of December open just in case.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Yankovic-Gretzky wrote:Al has to keep the first two weeks of December open just in case.
No I'm pretty sure he can go about his plans since he won't be honored with this award. You might as well say he should keep the next four years open just in case he is elected Governor of California.

But also more importantly they would let him know months ahead of time if he was going to be the recipient of this honor, and also the President of the United States is there so I'm pretty sure Al could just cancel whatever he was doing.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well we know that Obama os a big fan since he went to that concert on the last tour
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

minnick27 wrote:Well we know that Obama os a big fan since he went to that concert on the last tour
Yeah, but Mitch McConnell has been making this a big issue on the campaign trail this year. (Haven't you seen the attack ads? His opponent, Alison Lundergan Grimes, is a big Weird Al fan.) So there's no chance Senator McConnell would let Obama give him the Kennedy Center Honor. He's threatened to filibuster!
Sorry for getting political on the forum, but it really gets me riled up that partisan politics is preventing Al from getting his due!! :x:
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

TMBJon wrote:
minnick27 wrote:Well we know that Obama os a big fan since he went to that concert on the last tour
Yeah, but Mitch McConnell has been making this a big issue on the campaign trail this year. (Haven't you seen the attack ads? His opponent, Alison Lundergan Grimes, is a big Weird Al fan.) So there's no chance Senator McConnell would let Obama give him the Kennedy Center Honor. He's threatened to filibuster!
Sorry for getting political on the forum, but it really gets me riled up that partisan politics is preventing Al from getting his due!! :x:
I agree!! :bad:
conk or bepis
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

I agree. And then he should win a congressional medal of honor :rolleyes:
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan