New book from former Assoc. Producer of Dr. Demento

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

supernatural

New book from former Assoc. Producer of Dr. Demento

Post by supernatural »

Hi all,

Robert Young here, a 'newby' to your group, but a veteran of all things "Weird Al." I was given permission from WHiZZi to start a new post here to get the word out about an e-book I've written about my nine years as Associate Producer of "The Dr. Demento Show" for the Westwood One Radio Network.

This was the period when Al still worked a day job...in our company's mailroom. Dr. D. and he shared management (Jay Levey of Imaginary Entertainment), and I had the extreme privilege to have a front row seat to watch Al's climb from local celeb to intergalactic stardom. I started working on the show right around Christmas 1981 and was at the network until December 1990....so at one show a week for 52 week times nine years....well, that's a lot of shows, and a lot of "Weird Al." I tell many stories, mainly about the show but often I recall things like the time Bermuda asked me to be Fred Mertz in the "Ricky" video, the time I accompanied them both to The Bottom Line nightclub in NYC, and the time Al blew Mountain Dew all over me at lunch, our trips to Dallas, Portland, Phoenix and Montreal. You know, things like that.

I'm doing a Kickstarter to raise some money to make the book more interactive (since it's an e-book at this stage). You can check it out at http://www.producingdemento.com

Thanks for looking, and please let me know what you think.

Robert
haroldwaide
Regular

Re: New book from former Assoc. Producer of Dr. Demento

Post by haroldwaide »

This...will...be...awesome. Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it. Thank you for this. Can't wait to become a backer of this project
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Thanks so much for posting here! Your book sounds really interesting.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
arewethereyet
Occasional
Location: 70 miles east of the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota

Post by arewethereyet »

I made a pledge.
5/3/12 Minneapolis; 10/13/12 Milwaukee; 8/3/13 Prior Lake, MN; 8/4/13 Des Moines; 7/3/15 Prior Lake, MN; 8/18/16 Thunder Bay, Ontario; 4/3/18 Minneapolis; 6/23/19 Madison; 8/27/19 MN State Fair