Al sings in key or just impersonates

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Re: Al sings in key or just impersonates

Post by WHiZZi »

exactly my point .. :)

And I didn't know Another Tattoo is not from Justin Bieber. It's kinda hard to listen to the latest albums of Al since most of the originals never came out in the Netherlands (or I just don't listen to it).

I absolutely hate auto-tune, Weird Al is the only one who I can accept it from (ok, Brian Wilson too). It's also the reason I don't listen much to radio stations since most of the songs there are auto-tuned crap (and playing Weird Al on dutch radio is like, once a year if we're lucky).
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

WHiZZi wrote:
Now let's go back to the song 'Another Tattoo'. That song is pretty high and extremely hard on the vocal chords. Al is trying to impersonate a Justin Bieber song. I mean, talking about using Autotune to the max. It's more than logical that Al wants to get as close to the original key as possible, but the more people using the Autotune, the more he has to use it..

Also fact is that Al's working really hard. Singing every day is not easy, I can tell. Good technique is the key here, but even with the best technique you can use, it's hard to always get the correct note, especially when the original key/singing line is autotunes like hell.
Is their autotune on the actual studio recording of another tattoo? I don't hear any significant autotune other than the backing vocals. On the note that Al can't reach in the live version It sounds like he naturally sings it in the studio recording. Is that cause he just recorded himself in the studio singing the note once without autotune then just copied it several times whereas when he sings it live it's harder for him to sing that note?
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

I think the studio version is also autotuned a little bit, but that is okay. Autotune these days can be made very natural. Even on the album I am working on, we use autotune and you probably cannot tell where that is ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Follow me on twitter @ twitter.com/bartdrummer