The Musical ?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

ludovica64
Off The Deep End

The Musical ?

Post by ludovica64 »

According to someone who is at the Calgary Expo panel with Al

"Weird Al is working on a #broadway #musical with Matt Stone and Trey Parker"

source https://twitter.com/Achilles/status/328244949969690624
Edit : Sara says it isnt as definite as that, just that there is some talk of this happening
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: The Musical ?

Post by Killingsworth »

However the talks end up, I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping this DOES happen!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I know this is something hes wanted to do for a long time now. He even mentioned it recently in this interview: http://www.ffwdweekly.com/article/life- ... -al-10677/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Of course, if all else fails, he’s got a million other ideas up his Hawaiian sleeves. “I love doing the music, I love doing the touring, but I’ve always been looking to branch out and do more in other media,” he says. “I’d kind of like to take a shot at a Broadway musical. I’d like to write something for the stage. I’ve done TV, I’ve done movies, I’ve done everything else. I’d like to fail in everything at some point in my life.”
As much as this record contract ending worries me, it seems he is going to use the opportunity try a lot of other things
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

:detective: I need confirmation on this before I will come close to believing. The follow-up to the Book of Mormon involving Weird Al? It's literally too good to be true. No, like I really mean literally so. :wacko:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

The big question (after, you know, if this is actually happening or not) is whether Al will act primarily as composer or if he'll be involved in creating the story with Matt and Trey. Either way, this will undoubtedly be the greatest thing to hit Broadway ever.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Would love for this to happen, but not believing anything quite yet.
And Peggy
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I can't allow myself to dare to believe this until I see more. Thus would just be too awesome to even imagine.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I don't think it would be a follow up to "Book Of Mormon" because Al would probably shy away from doing something so heavily religious and profane.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Matt & Trey's next Broadway project, should they do another one, would be referred to as the follow-up to the Book of Mormon, regardless of its subject matter.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

I am thrilled to hear ANY news at all about Al and musicals, and however and whenever it eventually happens (and with whomever), I'm SO there!!! :whoot:

I tried getting standby tickets for Book of Mormon last year, but no luck... was definitely the hardest ticket to get in town!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein