Does Al take private bookings (just a thought)?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

HalifaxKat
Regular

Re: Does Al take private bookings (just a thought)?

Post by HalifaxKat »

I know there probably aren't any regulars here that this would apply to, but if anyone stumbles across this thread who would be interested in trying to book a Jim "Kimo" West gig in Ontario, please PM me or respond here to let me know! Maybe we can investigate how much it would cost and go from there trying to find some more friends who'd want to chip in!

Be forewarned that this undertaking would most likely have to include all of Jim's travel expenses. For whatever reason, post-Straight Outta Lynwood tour, Al's agent has only been booking tour dates in the Western Canadian provinces (even though Ontario is the most populated province in Canada... strange, isn't it!!) Of course, there have been some random coincidental exceptions that have brought them closer, such as the Montreal Just For Laughs festival and the Alpocalypse Live DVD taping. However, my understanding is that the director of the DVD specifically requested Toronto's Massey Hall himself (due to its renowned good acoustics), so, other than lucky coincidences like that, I wouldn't count on the William Morris agency (or whoever books Al currently) to get things going in this direction anytime soon.

Anyway, if there are any other big Jim "Kimo" West fans out there who would possibly consider getting involved in something like this, please make yourself known! It may sound a bit crazy at the moment, but I like to dream big!!!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

I guess that would be cool if I lived in Canada.
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

DrDecay wrote:I guess that would be cool if I lived in Canada.
I would also possibly take into consideration a nearby U.S. state, if someone else wanted to organize it. Somebody would have to deal with the hosting side of things, though (like, provide a house or other venue for Jim to play at). Any volunteers to have Jim come play a concert at your house?? :D
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh damn right. Jim can enter my house and play a show anytime! Who'd turn something like that down?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Nice idea, but man that would be one hell of an expensive home entertainment
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
pigletk
Occasional
Location: Moved back to Salem, Oregon - where I first met Al in 1997 :)

Post by pigletk »

Yankomaniac wrote:Oh damn right. Jim can enter my house and play a show anytime! Who'd turn something like that down?
I was trying research putting together an Al Fest and I got a quote from Jim - it wasn't more than a few thousand if I can remember....but that was for an hour I think....and then you have to pay their room and board and the travel cost....

I wish we could have another Al Fest or something in the next year - that would be awesome!!
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

minnick27 wrote:Al is a bargain at $27,000
You could get Stephen Lynch for a dollar less, apparently. :blink:
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Seriously, is it 27, 000...and he'd play haha
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
weirdolson

Post by weirdolson »

Nice idea but to be honest if it was a birthday gift or some such thing I'd personally rather have a new watch that I could keep forever. Perhaps a nice Rolex for that kind of money. In fact, I've been lining this one up for while. Seems like a better investment to me. As much as I love Al, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

I just stumbled upon this article on twitter: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... ur-wedding" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Most clients’ requests are sentimental. Three years ago, one woman surprised her fiancé by having Weird Al Yankovic walk her down the aisle. “She met her husband at a Weird Al show, and he looked just like Weird Al. It was just their thing,” Einzig says. When the groom saw his bride arm-in-arm with the singer, he burst into tears
How come we haven't heard of this? Do we even know these people?!
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009