7/28/16 - Edgefield - Troutdale, OR

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Thor

7/28/16 - Edgefield - Troutdale, OR

Post by Thor »

Didn't see a thread for this show, but I've got enough posts to make it! I know there's another show tomorrow in Eugene; wonder if anyone from here is going to that (or went to this one!).

Anyway, this was my first Weird Al concert since the Bad Hair Tour (8/7/97), so I was long overdue to see him again. Got a few somewhat-last minute tickets with a few friends for the lawn, and I was able to get up to the barricade on the left side of the stage, probably level with the fifth row of the reserved seats. I was pleasantly surprised no one wanted to sit in the sun for two hours before the show started so they could be closer.

The show was supposed to start at 6:30, but they came on around 7. Not sure if that's been an occurrence lately or not, but I didn't mind. Setlist as follows:

Tacky
Lame Claim To Fame
Now That's What I Call Polka!
Perform This Way
Dare To Be Stupid
Fat
First World Problems
Foil
Smells Like Nirvana
Party in the CIA/It's All About the Pentiums/Handy/Bedrock Anthem/Another One Rides the Bus/Ode To A Superhero/Gump/Inactive/eBay/Canadian Idiot
Eat It/I Lost On Jeopardy/I Love Rocky Road/Like A Surgeon
White And Nerdy
Word Crimes
Amish Paradise
---------
We All Have Cell Phones
The Saga Begins
Yoda

Looks like the standard setlist for the tour, but it's definitely fresh for me since I haven't gone to a show this century yet! Only four full songs remained from the '97 show, and a few others were in the medley. I've seen YouTube clips and the pro-shot concerts for the modern tours, but it was a great mix of songs. The newest edition of the Yoda chant was fantastic. Loved the unplugged segment, and Al sounded great throughout the whole show. I do notice that when he hits some higher notes, there's more gruff in his voice; it's not clean like before. But, for a guy doing all these shows in a row, just phenomenal. I don't know how he does it. To Al and the band, I say thank you. I will try to attend every future tour through the Portland area. 19 years was too long of a wait.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 7/28/16 - Edgefield - Troutdale, OR

Post by Yankomaniac »

No Lovr
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!