06/03/16 Mahaffey Theater, St. Petersburg, FL

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

drewdy9999
Regular

06/03/16 Mahaffey Theater, St. Petersburg, FL

Post by drewdy9999 »

Is anybody going to be at tonight's concert who will share juicy details with us about this year's tour? And by juicy details, I mean the few minor video clip changes and MAYBE an alternate song compared to last year's tour.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: 06/03/16 Mahaffey Theater, St. Petersburg, FL

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I would put money on there being no alternate songs. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but from what he has said, it is going to be the exact same set.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I'm most interested in changes to the video clips this year. Please report in if anyone's going!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Just received word from my spy on the inside is that there is a new
Spoiler:
"Word Crimes" t-shirt!
:detective:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Before the show, not sure if it was a technical mishap or a new ploy to get excitement, but during the pre-show songs Al was shown pacing backstage warming up for Tacky on the video screen.

Pre-Show songs: "Stay Up Late"-Talking Heads, "You Bring The Summer"-The Monkees, "Cool Places With Jane Wiedlin" - Sparks, "Inside Out"-Eve 6, "The Heat Is On"-Glenn Frey, "Hey Jealousy"-Gin Blossoms, "Way of the World"-Cheap Trick, "Hourglass"-Squeeze, "Junior's Farm"-Wings, "I Got A Line On You"-Spirit

New video clips or changes:

1st Break-Al used the Yahoo 'No Boys Allowed' Yogurt in an extended cut after looking disheveled, spliced in Galavant's "We're The Monks", and then went back to looking disheveled on the Yogurt video.

2nd Break-Used an extended cut of him sneaking behind the star on the red carpet, including some of her interview. Then, had a Celine Dion Al-TV clip.

3rd Break-Nothing new.

4th Break-A new video clip I hadn't seen called "Harmony Harbor". A clip of Weird Al as a robot from one of the animated TV shows. A new clip I hadn't seen where these people feel they're being watched by the government, and there is a creature with a mask, who when it's taken off is revealed to be Al. Then, the press conference video where Al is the coach, and doesn't want to be remembered for his meltdown.

5th Break-Another new video clip I hadn't seen where Al is out on a deck watching a band while eating popcorn. Birds keep attacking him, and he says "Birds Want Popcorn!"

6th Break-A new full break video that I hadn't seen where Al is parodying food review shows, and keeps claiming that he wants "Real Food!", but keeps going around in a circle, as to what the real food he wants is.

7th Break-A couple new things, but I can't make out my scribbled notes on that one. I'll update tomorrow.

8th Break-Goldberg's clip with Al and the woman at the bus. Al as the wizard from Gravity Falls.

Nothing new for the rest of the show.

Post-Show songs: "Mixed Bizness"-Beck, "I Married A Martian"-Sparks
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

!!!!!! Yeah man that's awesome
conk or bepis
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Yes, there are a few new video clips.

I'd hate to spoil it for anyone by giving more details, though.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Anyone reading this thread now comes here looking for spoilers. Spoil away! Don't use tags.
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

Do ittttt
conk or bepis
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Alinite27 wrote:4th Break-A new video clip I hadn't seen called "Harmony Harbor".

5th Break-Another new video clip I hadn't seen where Al is out on a deck watching a band while eating popcorn. Birds keep attacking him, and he says "Birds Want Popcorn!"

6th Break-A new full break video that I hadn't seen where Al is parodying food review shows, and keeps claiming that he wants "Real Food!", but keeps going around in a circle, as to what the real food he wants is.
Hey cool! All three of these are from Comedy Bang Bang. We put a rush on these segments so Al could use them on tour. No one else has seen them yet aside from the Mahaffey Theater audience! One clip here doesn't air until July, so anyone attending a Weird Al concert this month gets to see a few CBB 'sclusies! Even IFC doesn't have a couple of these yet... :F

The first one is the podbuster from episode 509, where Al's character appears in an ad for his soap opera show, "Handsome Harbor".
The second one is the climactic Act 4 scene from episode 504 which airs next week (featuring Tegan & Sara!). The episode is a tribute to one of our favorite directors. Maybe you can guess from Jeremy's description... :think:
And the third one is a sketch from episode 505, where Al hosts a new reality food show called "Real Food".

All three are great pieces for Al's show. I hope they get a good reaction!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.