6/19/2016 Fox Theatre, Atlanta GA

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

6/19/2016 Fox Theatre, Atlanta GA

Post by Elvis »

The first one on this leg of the tour that I'm going to! And also my first Georgia concert! Plan to spend a few days in Atlanta and check out the Atlanta Aquarium and maybe Jackie will want to see some Walking Dead things or possibly gp to the zoo and open the cage, let the animals out! Lots of things to do in Atlanta.

Orch Center Row B

Mandatory VIP! :magic:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Re: 6/19/2016 Fox Theatre, Atlanta GA

Post by Elvis »

I had a blast! Spent the morning at the aquarium which is very cool if you ever go to Atlanta, it's a must stop. The whale shark tank is a lot of fun, and they let you pet sharks, anemones and sting rays. The dolphin show is very cool too!

Anyway our hotel was only about a mile from the Fox Theater so we walked over after clearing it with the hotel concierge that it was safe. Got the the theater around 4:30 and they had my tickets already at the will call, but no pass. So we went to dinner at the restaurant next door and I had an awesome rib-eye steak. Ran into Jerry at the bar and said hello. They still didn't have my pass, so I made arrangements with the venue staff to let me leave the VIP party about an hour before the show started and check the will call again since they had a no re-entry policy.

Got to the VIP party around 5:30 and it was in full swing when we got there. Al music blaring and people mingling and having a good time. There was a dedicated merchandise booth for the VIP crowd which was nice. The news stuff this tour is a WC shirt and the NECA figure. They'll also be adding the paperback book at some point. Also at the party, there was a station to make a foil hat which was new, and a photo booth that printed pictures for you, and a nice museum with some really awesome stuff in it. :drool:

Here's what they had in the museum:
"Eat It" jacket, patchwork pants, DTBS goggles, "Eat It" valentines chocolate, Bermuda's bowtie from "Rocky Road", "Rocky Road" jacket, Al's original accordion case, LWAH suit, twine ball clipping, shirt from "UHF", handwritten "UHF" script, EW jacket, towel from "The Compleat Al", SLN shirt, "Alapalooza" drum head, TWAS lobster hand, HTWH house from TWAS, BA guitar and outfit, SOL jacket, porcupine from PTW, W&N hoodie, and tour laminates from every tour.

Also on the picture boards that they have set up, we didn't know this until we saw it, but two of Jackie's pictures are included. The one with Chewbacca and the one with Al sticking out his microphone. These are also in the book.

There was a foil hat competition which several people were chosen to return for the swimsuit competition (really!) and a talent portion. A little girl won because her talent was burp whistling, though the guys in swimsuits were my favorites. Next up we all sang the Weird Al National Anthem and there was a drawing to spin the Wheel Of Fish which a little boy won and trading his fish away for the box and everyone called him STUPID!

There was a couple dance to GEFN and everyone who participated got a free CD single! Jackie and I got HN, not sure if they were all HN or there were others. The final competition was the costume contest. Jackie was dressed as a SLN cheerleader. I was dressed as "eBay" and Jerry was in his awesome MF outfit. Jackie, Jerry, and I were picked for the final 6 and then made the final 3 because we answered the trivia question right. Jerry performed LWAH. Jackie performed SLN, and I performed "eBay". It was a tight race and everyone performed great. The final two came down to me and Jerry and guess who won the costume contest? ME! :whoot: I won an autographed drum head used the night before and I got a ton of compliments on my outfit.

Made a whole lot of new friends and the VIP party and got to hang out with Jerry, Anna (annacanada) and Joel among others. Definitely worth going VIP if you get the chance. They know how to throw a party!

Concert was great. I was in row B dead center which was the second row behind the pit. There were some new video clips, most which I didn't know but at least one I recognized from CBB including TMBJon eating popcorn, at least one or two new cartoon clips, and the longest new one which took up an entire costume change was Weird Al as a food critic. Al performed pretty flawlessly through the show, and the crowd was really into it so it was a fun enjoyable concert.

After the show I met Nathan Rubin who did "Weird Al: The Book" which was cool. Said hi to Jim walking up the stairs, got to hang out with the cheerleaders, and got to say hello to Melissa, and talk with Jon at length talked about the boxed set and some stuff that might be on it as well as some stuff he sent for the book. Saw Al, got out picture together, and talked to him for a few minutes and he personalized my prize. JW told me he loved my costume and wants me to do something new next time so I have to start thinking of what to do. Overall one of the better experiences from beginning to end.

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

I feel like I'm talking to myself in this topic. :lol:

Here's my Facebook album with the pictures. --> https://www.facebook.com/david.rossi.27 ... 859&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Elvis wrote:I feel like I'm talking to myself in this topic. :lol:

Here's my Facebook album with the pictures. --> https://www.facebook.com/david.rossi.27 ... 859&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
That's because you are. :P

Great story, that party sounds like it was a lot of fun. I can't see your pictures though. It says the link is expired? :huh:
Love and peace.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Good review Dave! Been a while since I read one.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Sounds like it was good fun, Dave :)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

Heeeeeeey, so Dave did go to this show with one other person, and I don't feel so bad about the late post here, because its only 2.75 months later!!! which is a ton better than everything else I did today. Might actually be timely with the last round of shows, too.

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/drstegg ... 0GA%206-19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta